Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Wedding Dress Shopping DFW

I am going wedding dress shopping for the first time on Nov. 17 around the DFW area. I figured (from what others have told me) that I would start at David's Bridal to see how different dresses look on me and if I don't find anything there I will go somewhere else....

The somewhere else part is where I get stuck. I can't imagine spening more than $800 on a dress and I don't want to waste time at places that do not have a good varitey of dresses in my price range. Any ideas of places around DFW ( I live in Denton so it can be anywhere really from lewisville, plano, fort worth, dallas) that would fit this?

Thanks for yalls help!

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping DFW

• I only went to David's Bridal, and you shouldn't have trouble finding one in your budget there. That's about the budget I set, then I tried on a dress there that I LOVED that was orig $1,050, and they really pressured you at the register to buy it then (and if you don't, you can expect phone calls). I ended up figuring out what the exact part # for the dress, slip,and veil I wanted & went online (I think I looked at recycled bride & weddingbee.com) and found them all brand new & saved nearly $500! You might also try Group USA in the Grapevine Mills Mall too. They're also inexpensive.
  • try the Bridal Co. in Allen. They used to be located in Denton. They just sent me an email about a 20-50% sale theya re having. You can buy off the rack or special order. We ordered my bmaids dresses from there and have had a great experience with them.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I believe there is a Bridal Boutique in Lewisville.  Alfred Angelo is another chain which is a step up from DB IMO while still being relatively inexpensive.

Others;
    Circle Park Bridal Addison
    Mockingbird Bridal
    Terry Costa
    Bridal Couture Addison
    Bridal Designs Southlake
    LuLu's
    Bliss Bridal (Ft. Worth)
    Anonymously Yours (consginment)
  • I would just be careful with giving your information to David's Bridal. They sold mine and I have been getting calls for months now from random wedding vendors. I was extremely displeased. I ended up getting my dress at Ocones in Fort Worth (right down the street from Bliss Bridal- who were also great) and my experience couldn't have been better!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-dress-shopping-dfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b5815b8d-db3e-417a-b155-2226a24d00eaPost:3d3c963c-640f-4ebd-8138-e3582d097c59">Re: Wedding Dress Shopping DFW</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just be careful with giving your information to David's Bridal. They sold mine and I have been getting calls for months now from random wedding vendors. I was extremely displeased. I ended up getting my dress at Ocones in Fort Worth (right down the street from Bliss Bridal- who were also great) and my experience couldn't have been better!
    Posted by NatalieInAmore[/QUOTE]

<div>I second what this poster said about David's Bridal.  Also, I have heard they are really iffy about ordering... one of my friends ordered the size she wanted and it came in 2 sizes bigger!  By then, it was too late to get it sent back in time so she had to pay extra for fast alterations!</div><div>
    </div><div>I've heard a lot of good stuff about Alfred Angelo and I think it's about the same price!  I think I'm going to start there...</div>
  • I got my dress from the Bridal Co when it was still in Denton and I definitely paid under $800 for mine. They have a great selection!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Bridal boutique in Lewisville is amazing. They have an awesome selection of dresses and carry tons of designers. Just be careful of accessories, they have a line of hand made belts that are to die for and will set you back a fortune. Ask for Amy, she's the best consultant I've worked with, and I've worked with a ton. She was able to capture my style in a way I didn't know possible. The key is to say yes to trying things on even if you aren't totally sure you love it on the hanger, if you don't like it, take it right off.
    Terry Costa also gives great prices on designer dresses, there's a new one in Fairview but I'm unsure of whether their inventory is as good as the inventory at Terry Costa in Dallas off Preston.
    I wear a size 12/14 so I was unable to buy off the rack but if you are a size that is most commonly carried you won't have a problem finding something in your price range or better by asking to see the off the rack dresses first.
  • I bought my dress at Terry Costa.  I had good, personalized service at their Preston Rd. store.  We'll see how the dress comes in in a few months!

I also went to:
    Circle Park Bridal Addison
    Mockingbird Bridal  (They had a hard time finding dresses in my size 12/14 in my price range, but they tried to help me.)
    Bridal Couture Addison
    A Bridal Closet - discount dresses from Lulu's and Stardust.  You're mostly on your own here, but incredible mark-downs!
    Anonymously Yours (consginment)  (Didn't try anything on, but there was a reasonable selection in most sizes)

I didn't have any negative experiences, although the last two will give you the least help, since they're rack sales.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards