Moms and Maids

Re: ...

• Listen honey. This is YOUR wedding. If you want everyone to get their makeup done by the same person they should. You are not asking for a lot. You have gave them a whole lot of freedom from the beginning and they should rally just respect your wishes. You could've been a complete bridezilla and said everyone had to look like clones. I don't think you are being unfair. It's your wedding. it's all about you and your wishes. They should comply. I'm not saying kick them out your wedding. Just explain to them your vision for your wedding and explain that they should comply to it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Listen honey. This is YOUR wedding. If you want everyone to get their makeup done by the same person they should. You are not asking for a lot. You have gave them a whole lot of freedom from the beginning and they should rally just respect your wishes. You could've been a complete bridezilla and said everyone had to look like clones. I don't think you are being unfair. It's your wedding. it's all about you and your wishes. They should comply. I'm not saying kick them out your wedding. Just explain to them your vision for your wedding and explain that they should comply to it.
    This is the worst advice I have read in a long time.

Weddings are not an excuse to manipulatively control your nearest and dearest. They're guests of honor - not slaves who bend to your every wish. They should be treated as such.
    *********************************************************************************

• kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Were you planning to pay for your MA to do their makeup? If you're not paying for their makeup/hair, you really shouldn't be dictating who is doing it.
  • Uhh no. If they are paying for their makeup, they get to decide who does it. You want your girl to do their makeup then you pay for it but they can still say no and get it done by someone else. All a bridesmaid is required to do is show up in the appropriate attire, sober and ready to go. Sounds like they got their dresses so all that is left is to show up. Their lives do not revolve around your wedding. No reason to get upset over you being a little ridiculous. Agree @jakeia0112, worst advice EVER. Good way to lose friends tho
  • over the last year I have not once, manipulated or controlled any of my friends. I have let them choose their own dresses, their hair, their shoes, all I am asking is for the same makeup artist.. I really didn't think it was the big of a deal.

• I don't believe that it's bad advice at all. They aren't slaves obviously because she has given them a ton of freedom. She is obviously very upset because they don't wan to do the ONE thing she asked. She doesn't have to pay for their make up. All she did was ask that everyone get their makeup done by the same person. What if she doesn't like their make up. It's her wedding and her wishes. She's not turning them into anything and they obviously aren't respecting her wises. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I gave mine.  No need to be pissy about it. At the end of the day she will choose to do what she pleases I just believe that it's unfair for her bridesmaids to act the way they do. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm in the opposite boat. If their makeup artist will come to the location, who cares? It will actually make everything go quicker to have two makeup artists versus one. In the long run I really don't see this as an issue.

If it were me I'd text her back and say, "I'm sorry, here's where and when your makeup artist should show, look forward to seeing you on Saturday." And then just drop it. Let it be over and done. Sure, your friend shouldn't have wigged and stomped out saying "If I can't have my makeup artist I'm not having ANY makeup artist!" But we all lose our cools sometimes.

Just ask yourself: Will having two makeup artists ruin my day? 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • I don't believe that it's bad advice at all. They aren't slaves obviously because she has given them a ton of freedom. She is obviously very upset because they don't wan to do the ONE thing she asked. She doesn't have to pay for their make up. All she did was ask that everyone get their makeup done by the same person. What if she doesn't like their make up. It's her wedding and her wishes. She's not turning them into anything and they obviously aren't respecting her wises. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I gave mine.  No need to be pissy about it. At the end of the day she will choose to do what she pleases I just believe that it's unfair for her bridesmaids to act the way they do. 
    Here's what's unfair: controlling someone to the point of dictating who does their make-up. It's such a non-issue and affects her wedding not one ounce unless she lets it. If she doesn't like their make-up, OH WELL. What's she going to do? Make them wash it off and pay to have it done twice? How bridezilla is that? I would hope that someone is focused on what's important the day of their wedding - like getting married. 
    *********************************************************************************

Then the marriage is invalid! Re-do!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• OP, when you DD like this it just draws more attention to your post. The post, had you left it, could possibly have helped another person. If you had a question I am sure someone out there has the same question.

Yes, she absolutely does have to pay for the make up artist if she's requiring her girls get professional make up, and even then they get to decline.  It doesn't matter if she doesn't like their make up; they're not china dolls or props, they're people, and they get to style their bodies however they damn well please.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards