Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lynda

In Nebb's post you said you might go to Foxy's, is that in St. John's?

I think my aunt and uncle just went to that place and met the guy who owns it.
Photobucket

Re: Lynda

• No it's in Jost Van Dyke, BVI. 

Foxy is awsome and his NYE party are legendary.  Suprisingly it's one of the top  NYE parties in the world .  Not bad for an island that only has 150 residents.

People of all economic levels party there.  You see some of the biggest yachts in the world there, right next to vessels that claim to be a boat, but you are not really sure if it truly floats.   The harbour is so packed you can almost walk from boat to boat to get to sure.

The winds are pretty strong (20 knots) and the swell is still up (12ft).  I'm getting to old to do that trip anymore..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Hmmm...maybe they went there.  I just remember them mentioning a place called "foxy's" or "foxy" something like that.

I know last year they went to St. John's, and I thought they went back this year, but maybe it was the British Virigin Islands now that I think about it.  I should ask them.
    Photobucket
  • well there a lot of trips over to Jost from St John and St Thomas.  It's only 7 (?) miles away and can be done easily on a day trip.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Maybe that's what they did.

I always think its funny though that you live in my aunt and uncle's favorite place.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards