Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Wedding Day Lipstick Recommendations

Hi fellow brides-to-be, and recently married!
I need suggestions on what brand lipstick to get for the big day!  I'm not a big fan of lip stains, however I want something that is long-lasting and won't rub off on my man during the first kiss.  I haven't been much of a lipstick wearer in the past, only tried tinted lip balms before.  Please help!

Thanks!
Laura

Re: Wedding Day Lipstick Recommendations

• I hardly ever wear lipstick so I ended up going with a nude lipstick. If it rubbed off on him nobody could tell and I just re-applied it a couple of times throughout the night.
  • Depends on your skin tone, your preference of color, and the look you are going for.

I am a lipstick junkie, so here are some brands I like:

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick  These are fairly cheap, and Matte finishes last a lot longer than glossier finishes, with less transfer.

MAC Matte finishes are super long lasting, but they are pricey and I found them drying.  If you don't want a matte finish, I'd suggest Amplified Creme (excellent color pay off) or Cremesheen (moisturizing).  There's a lot of colors to choose from with MAC.

I'd recommend a stain and balm for a hint of color with limited transfer.  Your fiance will thank you for it, lol.  Revlon makes excellent lipstain products.  

My bridesmaid bought me a lip tint from The Face Shop that dries down into a nice stain that's pretty even.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

I just purchased a Revlon Colorstay Lip color - there are a variety to try in their Colorstay collection, but I selected the one called Colorstay Overtime.  One side is a color you brush on, one side is more of a gloss.  Both are thick.  The color seriously stays!  I didn't wear it longer than five minutes but I tried kissing my hand several times and NOTHING was on my hand.  I may not use the gloss part, and just put some lip balm over the color because it does seem dry on its own.  It tells you to apply the color, then let dry, then put the glossy stuff on top.  It might be too glossy for my taste, plus the gloss is very goopy, but like I said, I'd just use a lip balm on top to seal it and add some moisture.  I'm going to wear it out one night soon to put the staying power to the real test.

I might test out the Revlon Colorstay Ultra Suede one next, which just looks like a traditional lipstick but is supposed to stay.  They also have a new Colorstay Moisture Stain but that may prove to be too glossy as well.  They didn't have many colors to choose from where I was at or I may have bought one of those, too. Luckily they are affordable so you can try out a few different types without too much investment. 

As far as a higher end brand that you can also sample first, I did some research and read a great review on Chanel Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Colour.  From the looks of the product tube, it looks like it might also have two ends to it like the Revlon one I bought...one side with the color, one side with a gloss. 

ETA:  UPDATE:  I tried the Revlon Colorstay Ultra Suede and they do not stay any better/longer than a less drying lipstick...might as well just buy a regular lipstick.  The Revlon Colorstay Overtime does last longer, but at a certain point it cakes/clumps up.  I think I may continue my search for other brands.

• I have Maybelline super stay 24 color. Love it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards