Wedding 911

Help! Please!

I have absolutely no idea about half the stuff I'm supposed to! Why are there 2 garters sold together? What frivolous things am I forgetting? I have zero help so I'm hoping for some advice here! I'm getting married in September!!

Re: Help! Please!

• First things first - breathe. It's very easy to forget to relax as you get down to the wire. I'm three weeks out and have to remind myself to calm down.

If you haven't already, I'd look into getting a binder/wedding planning book that is very detailed in terms of wedding planning to-do lists. I went into my wedding planning absolutely clueless about what all it entailed and my binder helped keep me focused and reminded me of the small things that I would've otherwise not thought about.

Are there any specific areas where you are afraid you are forgetting things? It's hard to tell you what you are forgetting if I have no context and I would like to help.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Google "Wedding Checklist". There are a ton of great ones :)
  • What are the two garters for? What should I do I need for basic decorations? Do the mother of the groom and mother of the bride MATCH?
  • I'm not sure about the two garters since I'm not using any. But I can talk about the other two items. 1) The mother of the bride and mother of the groom don't HAVE to match. What I have seen online, and what my 3 moms are doing (I have divorced parents), is that the moms choose clothing in line with your color scheme. For example, my colors are Cinderella blue, silver, and gold. My mom is wearing gold. My stepmom opted for a blue dress and my future mother in law is wearing a blue dress in a different shade. In terms of decorations, I divided the main parts of my wedding into sections and thought about decorations this way. At the end of the day, I don't think there is a set list of "basic" decorations just because everyone's wedding is different. But for the reception, floral centerpieces and candles seem to be relatively standard - though obviously you need to customize them for your style. Do you want a gift table? Do you want your guestbook to literally be a book or do you want to do something more creative? Pinterest might be a great help to you if you need some wedding decorating ideas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I believe the set of two garters is typically one to toss and one to keep.

No, the mothers absolutely don't have to match. Let them choose dresses based on their individual styles.

As far as decor, you can do whatever you want. Maybe do a google search for ideas.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Also, given how stressed you seem, I also recommend something like "Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul" or some equivalent to help you remember to stay calm and that, at the end of the day, so long as you are married to the person you love, it was all perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes, two garters are so you can toss one and keep one. You don't have to use both (or any) if you don't want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards