New York-Upstate

Unique Venue Albany New York

My fiance and I have finally decided to get married in my hometown of Albany after a few months of searching for a destination wedding.  We are really looking for a venue that is unique but modern.  Not a barn or a typical Glen Sanders type place.  Also a place that can accommodate 125-150 guests.  I am really liking the looks of TASTE in Albany.  But the reviews seem to be all over the place on Yelp.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Re: Unique Venue Albany New York

• I would check out Key Hall at Proctors- it's in Schenectady but it looks like it's an old bank that has been transformed into event space- it might work out really well with the modern style you are going for! http://www.onereputation.com/keyhall/ 
  • Longfellows in Saratoga is beautiful.  Well, I'm having my wedding there...so of course I think it's nice. lol  It's rustic, elegant, many rooms, indoor or outdoor, and a koi pond right inside.  There is also a hotel right on the property. 
  • We loved Longfellows when we were looking - such a cool venue! Unfortunately we are getting married during track season and don't want to ask our guests to pay that much money for hotels... That was our only reason for not choosing them. Taste has amazing views. I've heard the food is good not great. Maura at taste was very helpful when we went to visit and seems to love doing weddings. Talk to her - maybe she would set you up with a tasting? We also loved 90 state - it's an old bank and gorgeous, definitely unique.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards