September 2014 Weddings

Spray Tan before wedding? Yay or Nay?

My sister works in a nice salon that offers spray tanning. I used to tan in a real bed, but I got skin cancer so I don't do that anymore.
I want to have a nice, even glow for the wedding day, but want to first hear experiences with it. Does it smell? Rub off easily? Last long? Make you look orange?
I currently use this stuff called Tan Physics which is really good, but it's a lotion I rub on and sometimes I look uneven if I miss a spot...this spray tan will be done manually by a person on staff. 

Any opinions/other options would be welcome. TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Spray Tan before wedding? Yay or Nay?

• I've gotten a spray tan before and it turned out great. It wasn't orange at all and looked very natural. It smells at first but goes away after you shower.  It did not rub off and it lasted a little longer than a week.

I definitely plan on getting a spray tan before my wedding. If you do get a spray tan though, I would get it a couple days before your wedding, like the Wednesday or Thursday before to give it time to set and be able to wash the excess tanner off.
    Anniversary

• @severmilli12- Thank you! I will do that. I was going to go in on Thursday (wedding is on a Saturday) to get my nails done anyway, so I think I will do the spray tan while I am there, as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am getting a spray tan 2 days before my wedding. I did this for a friend's wedding and it turned out perfect. However, I am having someone do it for me and not using the machine so I trust it a little more. I thought I smelled the first night, obviously, but by the next day I was fine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have only used the versaspa type that goes on clear and I liked it. It didn't rub off or smell. I would suggest getting your nails done after you tan so you don't get that funky color on your nails!
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    IF you get a spray tan, be careful that they do not exfoliate your arms during a manicure or it will take the color off. 
  • kasmith- I got a back massage on Saturday, and a lot of the spray tan rubbed off from her putting lotion all over me. :(
    Lesson learned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 86shaw86shaw member
    First Comment
    I got a spray tan for a wedding when I was a bridesmaid. I would recommend getting a trial one before the wedding. They only last about a week in my experience ( depends on how much you shower..). I got one before the wedding just to test the color. The first time I got one it was a bit too dark for me and although not orange I looked realllly tanned, which wan't great. So when i went in just before the wedding to get it I asked them to make me look a little less tanned than before and it was perfect. 

It is a great way to get that tanned look for the wedding, but just be sure you go somewhere good and know what color you are looking to achieve before you go for the wedding. 
  • Most places also have different levels. The place I go to has level 1, 2, and 3. Always go for 1 or 2 if you've never had a spray tan before that way you don't turn out too tan.  My skin tans very easily and I'm naturally a little darker than most people so I always get level 2 or 3 depending on season. For September I would probably do a level 2. If it were the middle of the summer level 3 might be okay since most people are really tan during the summer.
    Anniversary

• My sister works in a nice salon, and she is going to spray tan me. I did a trial last week, and it looked awesome. My only thing is probably not spray tanning my face because my face was too dark once I applied makeup. I may just use bronzers instead. 

Thanks, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards