Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Possibly having fiancé see my hair and makeup after trial

My FI and I are getting married in Maryland, but we live in North Carolina. I may have my FI come up to Maryland with me when I'm there for my hair and makeup trial in August. Part of me wants the company for the trip, but I am a little concerned that he'll see what my hair and makeup for the day of will look like. It of course won't be the complete package, (e.g. dress, veil, jewelry, etc.). I asked the salon if I will be able to have two different looks done, and they said it's possible depending on the timing.

I am just curious if anyone else let their FI see their trial hair and makeup.

Thanks.

Lisa

Re: Possibly having fiancé see my hair and makeup after trial

• Yep, I took a picture and sent it to him! I was really excited about it, and he wanted to see it. I am keeping the dress a secret, though. 
  • I'm weird and didn't want anyone to see my hair. I did half up so after she finished it, she just went ahead and finished pinning my hair up into a different style.
  • My H saw my hair and makeup after my trial.  I wanted his opinion since my Mom lives in Florida and I live in MD.  I really didn't care that he saw it because 1) I knew he really didn't care about what my hair and makeup looked like and 2) I knew he would forget about it about an hour later.

Anyways, I made some changes after my trial so the day of the wedding both my hair and makeup looked slightly different then what he originally saw.

• FI will probably end up seeing my hair and makeup trial. I want his opinion as well. 
  • If I wear having a trial, I would probably let FI see. But I'm not, lol. :)
  • edited July 2014

My husband saw my hair & makeup after my trial.  And he was even in the room while they did my hair & makeup on my wedding day (he was kind enough to do a Starbucks run and bring us all coffee & breakfast while us girls got pretty). My wedding was on a cruise ship before it left port, and it was a lot easier to board the ship together, so we decided that we could live with him seeing hair & makeup on wedding day (hair & makeup had to be done before boarding), but he couldn't see the dress until I was walking down the aisle.

And there really is a lot to be said for "it's not the whole package".  Even though he had already seen my hair & makeup just an hour earlier, he was still in shock when I started walking down the aisle.  Afterward, he told me that it took him a minute to even realize it was me and at first he thought they had brought in someone else. So him seeing the hair/makeup in advance didn't ruin that first look moment at all because I still got to see that shocked & amazed look on his face.

• I probably won't let him see my hair trial hair, only because he claims he wants to know absolutely nothing about what I will look like that day.  He gets upset if I bring up my dress even in just general terms in front of him.  He's way more weird about this than I am!

I did, however, show him many hair pics on Pinterest and asked him which ones he liked, and he picked one out that he loved so I'm going to do that one...but he doesn't know that.

• I went out with friends for the afternoon & then home, so he saw it. But since it wasn't too far off from my regular look, it wasn't a big impact. It's the whole look and the idea that on that date you are becoming his wife is the big thing. Seing your makeup & hair after your trial won't impact any of that at all.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If I have a hair and make-up trial, I would probably change it up before I came home and he saw it because I want that to be sort of a surprise too, I guess.
  • I am going to have my fiance see my hair and make up, we're probably going to have some more engagement pictures done afterwards.

Or I might save it for before my shower.

Might as well do something while I look all pretty. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards