Chit Chat
Options

FI is bugging people for their RSVPs.

Is it OK if I murder him? Our guests have until the end of August to turn them in. I heard him telling a friend last night that we need his RSVP. What the fucking fuck? I was like, "No! He's got 4 weeks! Stop pestering him!" Now he's pestering his mother. HIS MOTHER. 

How many times do I have to tell him not to do this? Gah! 

Re: FI is bugging people for their RSVPs.

• Options
    I would just tell him to stop (sounds like you have). If he insists, just tell him not to talk to any of your family or friends about it. At least it sounds like he's really excited though!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I mean, I pestered my mother. And my MOH, who still hasn't RSVPed. I wanna fill in my spreadsheet, dammit! Not pestering anyone who isn't in the WP, I'm just annoyed at the "I shouldn't need to RSVP!" mentality. Yes. Yes you should and do need to RSVP so I know what you want to eat.

• Options
    I would just tell him to stop (sounds like you have). If he insists, just tell him not to talk to any of your family or friends about it. At least it sounds like he's really excited though!
    I know, right?! It is a little cute. 

Oh - someone contacted him to tell them they lost their RSVP. I just sent them two weeks ago! How did someone lose it already?
  • Options
    Lol well that's kind of adorable...I like the "pestering" expression.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ClimbingBrideNY I once lost a response card, well really a whole invitation, the day it came. FI and I were going to a baseball game so it brought it with him because he had never filled one out before and didn't know what to do. I stuck it in my purse and realized when I got home that night that it was gone. Must have dropped out of my bag at the game. 

I felt really silly making that phone call the next day 'Hey, we got your invite, it's beautiful and Oh, by the way, I lost it.'

I do think it's kinda cute that your FI is doing that, ettiquette aside for a moment. Mine told his parents over the weekend that they have to send theirs in since my parents already sent theirs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards