Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Is this okay?

After deciding to have the ceremony (banquet hall) in the same place as the reception...
We came into a little bit of an issue.

Would it be okay if everyone was sitting at their tables during the ceremony, has anyone heard this before?
My venue has said they've done this before, and people were really comfortable.

I guess everyone would just turn their seats around if they're facing the wrong way?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is this okay?

• I've heard of this a few times on the board. There seem to be pros and cons. I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with it.
  • I've heard of it and don't see an issue as long as everyone can see and hear from where they are seated. You may have to speak up if any tables are far back.

• Yes, it's fine.
  • This is a common set up and is fine. 

Though I will say turning around in your seat can be a pain. One wedding I went to, the couple was on a little stage, which helped. If you have an option like that, I'd go for it. 
  • Okay, great.

Thank you guys.
    There is actually a stage there, so we will look into using that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's fine. I would make sure you have a sound system and that the officiant has a mic... nothing worse than sitting through a ceremony you can't hear.
    *********************************************************************************

• I've seen a couple weddings done this way. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    Anniversary

• It's fine, I went to one wedding that did this. I will say it was a little more difficult to be "in the moment" as a guest, as you are so far from the couple, and you have a table with all kinds of stuff in your way.

But it's still a valid choice. 
  • There aren't any etiquette reasons not to do it.

The only cons might be logistical ones-making sure all the guests can see and hear the ceremony from their seats. As long as they can, you're fine.
  •     I went to a wedding of a cousin last year and they did this. It was just fine. Less fuss and muss, only one venue to decorate, etc. 

Actually, if we had gone with a local wedding instead of Disneyland we would have done this as well. We had a rooftop garden of a hotel picked out and ceremony and reception would all of been right there. 
  • One of my cousins had to do this due to rain. I actually found it very cozy and intimate.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My DD just did this in June and it went fine. She didn't have 200 guests so this wasn't a huge room but she had over 100 and I checked with people later on to see if the sound had been ok and if there were any problems (and asked them to tell me the truth, not make me happy) and they said everything went fine.
  • Okay good.
    So as long as we speak up, we're golden. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards