First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Estimated guest count: 5

So this is what we are thinking of timeline right now:
3:30pm - champagne and canapes in the garden
4:00-4:30ish ceremony
4:30-5:30pm - pictures and then ride to reception area
5:30-??? - reception

Since we are doing light snacks and beverages before the ceremony, I do not think that we are planning any actual snacks and stuff for "cocktail hour", mainly because our only guests will be our parents and our photographer (and they will all be involved in the after-ceremony pictures).

Is this kosher? We can probably have them continue to serve the pre-ceremony snacks and drinks after the ceremony, but I imagine that we'll all be moving around the stuff for the pictures. Then we'd all ride over to the reception spot together and voila more food appears.

y/n?

Re: Timeline question (re: cocktail hour).

• Since everyone there will be participating in the pictures, it doesn't sound much different from larger weddings where the WP misses cocktail hour in favor of photography... right? Seems ok to me.

• Since everyone there will be participating in the pictures, it doesn't sound much different from larger weddings where the WP misses cocktail hour in favor of photography... right? Seems ok to me.
    This is what I'm thinking, but it's nice to know that my train of thought it's totally cuckoo-crazypants.
  • Sounds fine to me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I think what you have planned is fine. I would just make sure there are beverages available in case people want to stay hydrated. Smiling a lot makes my mouth really dry, so I made sure I had water available during our after-ceremony photos.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Sounds lovely to me! I think a bucket of drinks would be fabulous if available for people to take while they're not in some shots.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards