Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Bridal processional too long..but I want to keep it...thoughts?

My processional song is about 2 minutes.  It's beautiful, has meaning and I'd like to play the whole thing.  It's only (I think) going to take me about 20 seconds to walk down the aisle (thats really just a guess), then FI and my mom will hug, mom and I will hug (she's walking me down the aisle)......so we've used up like 45 seconds....LOL......is there anything I can do to make it drag a little? 
Or is okay to just let it play it's course?
Our mom's are going to add a "foundation" to our sand ceremony....could they do this during that time, or should this song really just be about the bride meeting the groom at the opposite end???  advice!

Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal processional too long..but I want to keep it...thoughts?

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have FGs or RBs?  My song was a little long, too (Truly Madly Deeply).  Since a friend was singing it to piano, we had them cut out a few lines.  Then they started the song and my FGs walked down to the first verse and when the song kicked up a bit I walked down with my dad.  It's okay to let a little music play before you start walking, too.  There'll be a few extra seconds where you pause and everyone stands up, too.  And it can play a little longer while your mom sits down and your MOH straightens your train.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards