Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

cake topper

I found a cake topper that I absolutely love on Etsy a few years ago. My mom wants to buy it as an engagement present, but she is worried that it is only 3" tall. Most of the ones on Etsy are about the same height. Any thoughts? I don't really know if it will be too small or not (cake will be square, for approx 150 people)

Re: cake topper

• Quick - what did the cake topper look like at the last wedding you went to?

Can't remember? That's because it doesn't matter. The cake topper is extra decor special to the B&G. Get whatever you want! As a guest, as long as the cake tastes good, I don't give a rats behind what the topper looks like.

LOL   - I don't think it could be said better!

But logically answering your question - you'll be fine at 3" tall and your baker will love you over having one of those tall, skinny, and heavy ones that are lopsided... 

• thanks :) you're obviously right, thats why I have been so confused --I can't remember any others!
  • Quick - what did the cake topper look like at the last wedding you went to?

Can't remember? That's because it doesn't matter. The cake topper is extra decor special to the B&G. Get whatever you want! As a guest, as long as the cake tastes good, I don't give a rats behind what the topper looks like.
    I don't really remember the topper but I do remember the cake was starting to lean.  August in Florida is not kind to wedding cake.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    Quick - what did the cake topper look like at the last wedding you went to?

I don't really remember the topper but I do remember the cake was starting to lean.  August in Florida is not kind to wedding cake.  
    Our topper was getting ready to "FALL in love!" - literally at our reception!!  But I had the tall lopsided topper...
  • I didn't have a cake topper, for that matter, I did cupcakes because I like them better.  They make me think of cakes when I was a kid and there was a disney character or something stuck on it.  But to each her own.  I tend to prefer the look of florals or nothing.  But I'm also not the plastic-y, trinket-y type.
  • @kimberlynelson03 - you can't advertise here. Read the TOS you agreed to when you signed up.... @knotporscha
    *********************************************************************************

• I think 3inches sounds just fine.
  • Don't tell my fiancé I said that. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards