Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Coffee

We hadn't been planning on serving coffee at the reception (we are offering beer, wine, soda, and sweet and unsweet iced tea), but now I'm wondering if we should offer coffee and hot tea along with the cake. Is this something that's always/usually done? 

Re: Coffee

• Yes! :) I always like coffee with dessert- something to help balance out the sweetness.
  • GARION said:
    We hadn't been planning on serving coffee at the reception (we are offering beer, wine, soda, and sweet and unsweet iced tea), but now I'm wondering if we should offer coffee and hot tea along with the cake. Is this something that's always/usually done? 

Yes, it's usual to offer coffee and tea.
  • Okay, thanks! We'll order it.
  • Our caterer actually included this in our quote - it may be worth checking into!
  • GARION said:
    Okay, thanks! We'll order it.
    Yay!  I've only been to one wedding where coffee/tea wasn't served, and everyone was wandering around looking for it around dessert time.  We found it very strange to not see it available.  Glad you're including it.
  • We got coffee, along with a couple bottles of Baileys on the table. The Baileys was a HUGE hit.

FWIW, we were told that less than half of our guests would drink coffee, but H felt more would and we way over-ordered. I think the half estimate was pretty accurate.
  • I would have coffee and tea available.  I myself would serve at least coffee, tea, water, and both regular and diet soda as just about everyone will drink something in that group of drinks.
  • I think that varies regionally... My family expects coffee but FI's family hadn't ever really heard of it being served at a wedding. Of course, they expect sweet/unsweet (iced) tea and my family doesn't. We are still working it out with the caterer but will have coffee. And yes we have regular and diet soda too, we just bought a ton of coke, diet coke and sprite on sale even though we don't drink it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards