Chit Chat

Wasp Stings??

I have never in my life been stung until I began riding my scooter.  I drove into the back end of a wasp one year, neck first.  Today, on the first damn ride of the year (late, I know), a bug hit me in the neck.  About 30 seconds later, I felt it and realized it had fallen down the neck of my jacket and shirt and it then stung me right on the stomach.  Try riding a scooter while trying to shake out a wasp.  I don't think I've every pulled over so fast, but at least it was on a dead residential street.  I figure it's payback for the full can of wasp killer I made DH spray into our next last weekend.  

Anyway, I've put some ice on it, and polysporin and a bandaid (Thank you to my niece for her Jungle Book bandaid.).  Any other suggestions??  It's starting to hurt again, and I'm a big baby about stuff like this.  

Re: Wasp Stings??

• Definitely a wasp. No stinger and no bee body.  Little fuckers

• I am seriously telling you this remedy works. Take a menthol cigarette and remove tobacco from the cigarette. Add a small amount of water to the tobacco to form a paste. Put the paste on the bee sting. I don't know why, but it removes the toxins and the burning sensation in seconds. I don 't even smoke
  • Sounds weird, but I don't know anyone who smokes.  Don't know that I want to buy a pack for this.  I wouldn't even know what to buy.  The gas station guy would think I'm a total loser!!  :)  Thanks though.  I've got After Bite though, which I think is good for stings too. 

• I'm sorry you got stung but the way you got stung is pretty cool.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• A paste of baking powder (soda maybe?) and water will help too.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    A paste of baking powder (soda maybe?) and water will help too.
    Yes. This is what my mom did for me when I was little. I want to say it was baking soda... but ... google?
  • My Nana crushed up an aspirin and put it under a Band-Aid on a sting for me once.  I remember it helped a lot.

Fi just got bit, definitely by a wasp, and he took Advil, Benadryl, and sprayed it with after-bite.  It was nasty and rashy for a couple days but it felt better after 2-3 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Baking soda and water paste is what I always do for stings. I don't think it actually does anything though for me, hahaha.... it's just what my MeMa did for them and so it's what my mom does.

Also if you DO decide to try the cigarette route just get the cheapest menthols they have. Pall Malls and L&Ms are both dirt cheap, and menthols are always green in my experience. Also - the remaining pack can go in your med cabinet and be there for the next time it happens.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I use aloe and mint for wasp stings. It works pretty good I think.
  • Baking soda mixed into a paste will help neutralize the venom. I would also reccommend benadryl or some other antihystamine along with your preferred pain reliever.

Lavender or oregano essential oil can help reduce the swelling as well.
  • Thanks for the recommendations ladies.  It's actually looking pretty good.  The swelling is almost completely gone and it's stopped hurting too.  I guess going to the gym and tumbling for a couple of hours helped it heal up.  Sweat maybe??  

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Well, at least you're not allergic. My mom is deathly allergic to wasps and I've never been stung so I have always been curious. Sounds painful, though. I've never been stung by anything so I don't know of any home remedies for the pain. Glad you didn't crash your scooter, either! Hope you feel better soon.
  • My brother's ex got stung once helping me move an ugly fake ficus - neither of us saw the wasp nest - I felt terrible!  Your story is infinitely cooler, but OUCH!!! :(    Ditto the baking soda and Benadryl.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards