Nebraska-Omaha

reception help anyone?

We were going to do a double wedding, but the second couple became flaky so we have decided to make our own plans.
We want a big reception area (prefer indoors so we don't have to have a back up if it rains) can accomodate 300+, convienent location (we are open to using the venue as our ceremony location, but would prefer a church, need ideas on that too LCMS church hopefully checking out beautiful savior later this month) for out of towners flying into omaha, and family in kansas and lincoln. Another big part is my FI brews beer so its important we can bring our own beverages, and we would love to be able to bring our own food.  Anyone have any ideas?
Also I tried to change my screen name but would have to delete my account....yay spam for awhile...:)
*lalaJessesgirl*

Re: reception help anyone?

• edited December 2011
    oh and we are on a pretty tight budget....so looking for the best deal for the money.
    *lalaJessesgirl*
  • ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could start with the hall list on Bandstand's website (http://www.bandstandmusic.com/halllist.php).  It shows the number of guests each venue can accommodate, whether you can choose your caterer or not, if you can bring your own alcohol, etc.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto PP with that website above.  There aren't many big locations that allow you to bring your own food and beverages but Legacy Hall comes to mind.  You could check them out. 

Are you wanting to make your own food or just bring in a caterer of your choice?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • ejasnow1ejasnow1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. John Vianney Church. You can bring in your own food and drinks! And its beautiful! I think they can fit up to 350
  • ejasnow1ejasnow1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. John Vianney is off of 125th and Q. Or Serbian Hall. Its also a church hall. Off of 50th and Harrison. You can bring your own drinks but have to use their food. Food is very reasonable, though. WAY cheaper than most places! They fit well over 300. I second HuskerFanz that there aren't many places who will accommodate a large wedding and let you bring in food and drinks
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all your ideas!! it has been really difficult to find a hall that lets you bring your own food and drink and accomodates that many people! Thank you for all your suggestions, I looked at the bandstands list and the legacy, I plan on checking these out: The legacy and SAC and Scottish Rite center;  and I will definitely check out St John VIanney (do you have to become a member?) .

THANKS for all the ideas, I really appreciate it!
    *lalaJessesgirl*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards