Connecticut
Options

Holy productive long weekend!!!

Any of you who have been on the boards for a while know that I put the "pro" in procrastination. We finally had a breakthrough in planning. With only 3 months to go, this was very much so needed. Here are my weekend checks:

-Invite proofs delivered- Love them! So the rest were ordered and will be in next week
-Picked up my wedding band and bought FI's
-Booked our HONEYMOON!!! We're staying at an AI in P*nta Cana, DR! Can't wait!
-Had our detail meeting at The Barns at Wesleyan Hills to pick out our menu, linens, decorations, etc
-Finished my guestlist for my bridal shower

Hoping to keep that momentum going with ordering veil, flower hair piece, table numbers this week!

Go me! lol Just thought I'd AW

Who else had a productive long wedding weekend???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
planning bio

Re: Holy productive long weekend!!!

• Options
    TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow sounds like you got a ton done!

I did too! I asked my other bridesmaids to be a part of my wedding, booked our dj, and made dress shopping appointments!

This week: Whittle down caterer list to three, confirm first meeting with the priest, and e-mail photographers about packages.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You rock Tash!!! Keep it going, I can't believe how close you are getting!!
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding this weekend at The Barns! I love it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good work, Tash!! I am also a major procrastinator!! Where are you going for your HM? One of my friends went to the Iberostar Grande Bavaro in P*nta Cana last year for her HM. 

I did have sort of a productive weekend for the wedding (although not nearly as super as Tasha)! I had my first dress fitting on Saturday. Then on Sunday I finally booked the ceremony violinist and met with the company we are going to be hiring for transportation. This week I have to figure out how many invitations I need to order, which means I need to finalize the guest list!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!! Such awesome checks!! You are getting so close!!

I had such a productive day today too---bought my shower dress, RD dress & shoes & a dress for a christening I am going to!

I also bought all the frames for our table numbers, memory table & signature drink menus!!! YAY!

Last, I have been on the search for a nice broach/pin for our cake...
    and I found one today too! I will post a pic later!!

YAY for checks!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you have a lot of good checks congrats! I went to a wedding at the barn last summer it was really nice and unique.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Tash!!

Sounds like a great weekend, I can't believe you're getting so close, it'll be here before you know it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Way to go! Can you believe how close we're getting? I had a productive weekend last week (veil, DJ & honeymoon booking, sending caterer payments, trunk show/headpiece finding, guest list finalization/sent bridal shower/registry & bachelorette party guest lists to MOH...wow lol) and more to come (catering tasting this weekend, order headpiece, details meeting next weekend, order RSVP/reception cards, then send out invites soon!) Ah so exciting yet stressful lol
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.. look at you go with all of those checks!! thats great!! Your so close
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go you!!!

My parents went to see the venue we want on Saturday and absolutely loved it - I won't get to see it until Easter weekend when I'm home visiting, and by then the dates will likely be gone, so we're probably going to be booking in the next week or so (!!!).  My parents are coming down this weekend and we're all going to sit down and talk about it and see what we all think and if we want to move forward with a deposit.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I can't believe how close you're getting!!! It's crazy how time just slips by!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    JodiArielJodiAriel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me, me, me!!!

We met with the caterer, did our timeline, plicked out linens with them.
    Ordered tablecloth overlays
    Bought all the bridal party shoes
    Decided on FI's shoes - he is going to wear converse and I am going to switch into glitter converse for dancing
    Book another round of dance classes
    Made the jam for our favors (110 4 oz jars!!)
    Tried on my dress and decided on wearing a crinoline
    Ordered my garter
    Ordered our ecoconfetti
    Ordered our ketubah
    Started making meal reservations at disney for our honeymoon
    Ordered these for extra special honeymoon attention at Disney!!

Found Bra straps for my dress (not sure if I am going to use them or not)
    And thats all I can remember for now....

Next weekend is hair trial and invitation weekend!! My goal is invites in the mail next monday!!

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladiessss!!! The challenge is keeping the ball rolling...  it has quickly crept up on us and will be here before I even know it!

Karebear/Kim/Jodi- I feel like just yesterday our tickers showed over a year!

planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards