Snarky Brides
Options

I think it's pretty effed up

that my SIL and BIL are going to NO for NYE yet they had to get toys for their kids from a church for Christmas. Am I wrong to be judgemental?

Re: I think it's pretty effed up

• Options
    Nope, I agree with you. Thats just selfish.
  • Options
    Are they at least bringing the kids with them to New Orleans?  Seems like they might be abusing the church's ability to help those in need.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    I am pretty pissed. They are dirt poor yet they find the money to go to NO. I can't even text her back b/c I am going to say something nasty.
  • Options
    Yeah, that sounds bad. What are the circumstances behind their trip? Did they win a vacation or something?
  • Options
    That is unbelievably crappy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-its-pretty-effed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:99935ed0-5086-4077-989f-c73e6516c1c5Post:224ebb7e-ea9d-47c1-bd9a-0cdba9e323f3">Re: I think it's pretty effed up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are they at least bringing the kids with them to New Orleans?  Seems like they might be abusing the church's ability to help those in need.
    Posted by garcias1[/QUOTE]

Nope. Yes that is def abusing the church's ability to help those in need. They weren't even members. Someone told them the church as giving away free toys.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-its-pretty-effed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:99935ed0-5086-4077-989f-c73e6516c1c5Post:0de016a2-3867-4fd7-a7b4-f8b2eb6bbce3">Re: I think it's pretty effed up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, that sounds bad. What are the circumstances behind their trip? Did they win a vacation or something?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

No. They were supposed to come up here and go out with me. They don't have money. He just started working again and they have 5 kids to support. They also have food stamps. Maybe someone is paying their way, but IDK who.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-its-pretty-effed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:99935ed0-5086-4077-989f-c73e6516c1c5Post:bebd685b-ca9d-47a2-87ad-6be6825ac9f5">Re: I think it's pretty effed up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think it's pretty effed up : Nope. Yes that is def abusing the church's ability to help those in need.<strong> They weren't even members.</strong> Someone told them the church as giving away free toys.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

That to me makes it even worse. Not saying the churches should only help their members, but they could have taken that money for NO and spent it on their kids. That's just selfish IMO.
  • Options
    /threadjack: How's the kitty Ricks?
  • Options

He's good. He has to go back to the vet tomorrow.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-its-pretty-effed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:99935ed0-5086-4077-989f-c73e6516c1c5Post:06106bd8-bfa3-4194-9b11-421289ee0da8">Re: I think it's pretty effed up</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think it's pretty effed up : No. They were supposed to come up here and go out with me. They don't have money. He just started working again and they have 5 kids to support. They also have food stamps. Maybe someone is paying their way, but IDK who.

Wow ricks, that's pretty shitty of them regardless.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-its-pretty-effed-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:99935ed0-5086-4077-989f-c73e6516c1c5Post:95d2d8e1-0226-43a5-90d7-d4603a160d4d">Re: I think it's pretty effed up</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's good. He has to go back to the vet tomorrow.

Glad to hear he's healing.
  • Options
    No you're right.  They are taking advantage on the church's generosity and have no business going on vacation if they can't even afford presents for their kids.  Unfortunately it happens all the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I definitely judge them. And taking the toys pisses me off. I don't go to church but I used to help out at my grandma's during the holidays and I've seen how much those giveaways mean to the families. Someone abusing that for their own selfish desires really burns me.
  • Options
    Yes it is. It makes me sick b/c theose toys could have went to kids who REALLY needed them or they could take that NO money and buy, you know, important stuff. A trip to NO is expensive.
  • Options
    Worse yet the gifts that went to their kids could have gone to a family in genuine need.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's messed up.

I know people who have all sorts of neat toys and I really, really wonder how they can afford it. I try not to think about it and get all judgy. But that's akin to stealing from people who are "really" poor, you know?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah it happens all the time but I expect higher standards from my family, you know? lol.
  • Options

I have to hide my phone. I am fuming.

• Options

That's just plain jacked up.

Is this a situation that's 'normal' for them to do? As in, do they try to scam for shiit and then blow money senselessly on frivolous things?

Not that it really matters, since it's fucked either way. Just curious if it was a pattern for them.

Definitely hide the phone for a while. I know I would.

• Options
    They're on food stamps and she's talking lipo? Oh, dear lord *headdesk*

Sadly, I have some family that's a lot like that. I totally feel your rage.
  • Options
    grrrr.. Im soooooo sick of people using the system.  If they can efford to go to out of town then they could have bought they own stuff and someone else really in need could have had a good xmas.  So Mad.  :(
  • Options
    No Koda I don't so. The literally got the kids gifts Xmas day.

Ha that's sad that I am not alone in feeling this way Neely!
  • Options
    I'd be tempted to ask if she's sent the thank you card to the church for the kids' gifts as my response to her party plans.
  • Options
    Hahaha Bec, you are really smart. I never thing of things like that. You know she is supposed to be my BFF but I am seriously losing major respect for her.
  • Options
    What type of crack doctor does lipo for $1700.  Seems like it should be a lot more expensive than that.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd also let her know you found a GREAT surgeon for her lipo. Conveniently, he's a member at the church who gave her kids Christmas.
  • Options
    Hahaha Bec. Dang I would love to say these things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards