Wedding 911

Female Ushers? Thoughts?

I have soo many older sisters that I want to include in the wedding, but not as bridesmaids. Does it defeat the purpose of an "usher" if they're female?

Re: Female Ushers? Thoughts?

• I have soo many older sisters that I want to include in the wedding, but not as bridesmaids. Does it defeat the purpose of an "usher" if they're female?
    No, anyone can guide a guest to their seat.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FMIL is requiring that we have ushers, because for her including EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER in the wedding is seen as an honor and why not have ushers when we have a million and a half people that we could include in the wedding?! Whereas for me it looks like work, but all of that is for another post. Either way, we have having two female cousins be our ushers.

• atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Personally, I think ushers are pointless. I can sit in a seat on my own. And I really prefer to have my date (back when I was single) and now my husband be the one whose arm I'm holding while I walk there.

Also, it might be awkward. Everyone is used to the typical usher set up--male usher takes arm of female guest, guides her to seat while her spouse/date follows.

• Are they directing people to their seats with their penises? No? Then female ushers are a go.

My ushers are my little brothers and I'm only having them because they got all excited and asked to be ushers. If I had sisters instead of brothers who got all excited, they could be ushers still. 

Most weddings I've been to have just had ushers show people to vacant seats or tell people where the bathrooms were. I think women capable of doing both of those things.
  • I think Usher would look weird with boobs.  He can hit the high notes, though.

Oh, you aren't talking about this Usher?  My bad.
  • Just don't call them Usherettes or something equally horrible :P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards