Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Reasons you're not invited...

BMoreBride6BMoreBride6 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Perfect solution to tell people they won't be invited/why they aren't invited!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a29804/heres-why-youre-not-invited-to-this-brides-wedding/?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1440_79476628

*insert sarcasm here*

WHYYYYYY do people think this stuff is okay???

Edited for grammar fail.

Re: Reasons you're not invited...

• Options
    Cosmo is such garbage. I used to think it was the holy grail of all things woman, but then I had real sex and wasn't a teenager anymore... 
    Cosmo is making fun of the post.  With high snark level.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Oops, just realized someone had posted about this already (from a different website)
  • Options
    Haha OMG this is just like that bride I knew. She posted something like this on FB. I don't understand people...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Haha OMG this is just like that bride I knew. She posted something like this on FB. I don't understand people...
    I remember that shitshow.  She sounds like basically the worst.  And her Fi for validating that behavior.  Seriously what is wrong with people?  It's just such self-centered behavior.  Get over yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    We have joked about starting to alienate folks so as to cut our guest list.  This is a great way to cut your guest list down to zero. 
  • Options
    This is on CNN... and even worse, an "Etiquette Expert" pretty much said B-Listing (and C-Listing?) is OK.

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    LOL! That's ridiculous. 
  • Options
    I can't tell if I'm more annoyed with her blatant (and totally undeserved) narcissism or her total lack of proper grammar. It's YOU'RE not YOUR. Idiot. She's too dumb for me to go to her wedding anyway.
  • Options
    Wow she sounds real bitter about a few experiences!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm annoyed that one of the comments on the story said those were valid.

No.

Just because someone doesn't invite you to their wedding doesn't mean they aren't worthy of an invitation to yours. It isn't tit-for-tat. Maybe they had a small budget. If a bride is going to post that she's on a budget and can't invite everyone, you'd think she'd understand that maybe, just maybe, that's why she wasn't invited to someone else's wedding?
  • Options

This is so nutso! Although, on the other end of the spectrum FI recieved a completely equally nutso email this weekend from someone we did not invite to our wedding.... and it was crazy! She was very upset she wasn't invited, and since our invites went out last week, I'm assuming a mutual friend must have mentioned it to her (swell).

FI used to be friends with her, but they haven't spoken in like FIVE YEARS, and her and I were never even friendly. It would have never even occured to us to invite her. I couldn't help think about that when I read this! Reasons You're Not Invited: We aren't actually friends, you aren't very nice, and you are completely bat shit crazy.

• Options
    I'm annoyed that one of the comments on the story said those were valid.

No.

Just because someone doesn't invite you to their wedding doesn't mean they aren't worthy of an invitation to yours. It isn't tit-for-tat. Maybe they had a small budget. If a bride is going to post that she's on a budget and can't invite everyone, you'd think she'd understand that maybe, just maybe, that's why she wasn't invited to someone else's wedding?
    I think that was the only one that wasn't valid. All of the others were things we have told other brides on these boards. (Do you hang out with your co-workers outside of work? Why are you inviting this person if they are so rude to you, etc.)

Doesn't mean you put it on facebook in your own words.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards