Honeymoon Discussions

Mini-moon suggestions?

My FH & I are going to take a "mini-moon" after our wedding in September.  We're planning a bigger trip next year, but with paying for the wedding, (and it being an inconvenient time of year with our jobs), we can only take 4-5 days to somewhere driving distance.  We live in Jersey right by New York City and have been to Lancaster, Baltimore, DC, Lake George, & Mystic.  We're up for revisiting one of those, but being adventurous, we'd really like to try somewhere new.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Mini-moon suggestions?

• I always like Cape May, NJ.  Vistorian bed and breakfasts with fabulous food.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Boston! Or cape cod since it would be just past busy season. Or the Berkshires in western MA. Ive been dying to check out Bentley Brook hotel in Hancook. Can you tell I'm from MA?

• Is niagra falls too trite?
  • The Finger Lakes are gorgeous that time of year. Lots of farm to table restaurants, wineries, waterfalls, kayaking on the lakes, etc.
  • I vote for Newport, RI. 
  • We live fairly near you and our honeymoon was five nights, two at a luxury campground in the Adirondacks (it's called Camp Orenda) and three in Montreal.
  • We are doing the same thing. I don't have much vacation time left from work, so we are doing a mini-moon this October and a longer one next year. We chose to rent a cabin in the Smokey Mountains of Gatlinburg, TN. Apparently that's a very popular honeymoon destination and a very cute little touristy town. They have cabins of all different sizes and styles and prices for very affordable. Plus, you get the seclusion of being in the woods. Many of them have hot tubs and other honeymoon perks. We are staying for 2 nights and the total with the cabin, rental car, plane tickets and food/activity budget totaled about $2500.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Thanks so much for the suggestions!  We're actually leaning towards Cape May.  We're both environmental educators and the zoo there is fantastic, plus there's the NJ Wine Festival that week.

Jess
  • I love Cape May... and if there's a wine festival, that's even better.

• Cape May will be beautiful in September!  If you are there over any weekend, the island of Wildwood - first one north of Cape May - has lots of festivals and other activities in Sept. 

Also, H & I took a minimoon after we got married.  We used a livingsocal escape for ours, so check to see what is available right now with living social and groupon.

• daria24 said:
    The Finger Lakes are gorgeous that time of year. Lots of farm to table restaurants, wineries, waterfalls, kayaking on the lakes, etc.
    This is my vote too!  I've never been there (other than passing through) but I've heard it's beautiful and it just sounds like it could be a romantic and fun getaway.
  • jrpownall said:
    Thanks so much for the suggestions!  We're actually leaning towards Cape May.  We're both environmental educators and the zoo there is fantastic, plus there's the NJ Wine Festival that week.

Jess
    About an hour's drive into south Jersey is the Wheaton Village American Museum of glass.  You can watch glass being hand made before your eyes.  It is a wonderful place for a day trip!

http://www.wheatonarts.org/museumamericanglass

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards