Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower Jitters - Normal?

I have this fear that no one will show up to my shower. :(  Is this normal?  It is being hosted by my FI's aunts.  I've never been the type to have a large group of girl friends, so I have this fear that only one or two people will show up and I will look like a big dorky loser.  I know that is silly, but I can't help feeling it.  My shower is on 9/6.  

Re: Shower Jitters - Normal?

• Options
    It's normalize ;-p People will show up. Turn the jitters into excitement and make it a good nervousness! :) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    thanks @photokitty  I guess it is sort of normal.  I know the "obligated" people will come, like my mom & cousins, etc., but I worry about my friends who aren't part of a "group" of friends.  I have lots of friends who don't know each other, which makes me think they are less likely to come.  Over thinking, I know. :) 
  • Options
    The nature of us humans is to worry.  When we have nothing to worry about, we invent something. If you want to take a bit of control of this situation, when you are in casual conversation with these "non-group" friends, remind them of how much you are looking forward to spending time with them at your shower and make a point of letting them know how excited you are to introduce them to the rest of the ladies.  Ex, "I can't wait to introduce you to XXXX, she's a really great person, just like you".  Showers have the handy by-product of letting people meet each other before the wedding, then they can re-connect at the wedding and have somebody to talk with.
  • Options
    The nature of us humans is to worry.  When we have nothing to worry about, we invent something. If you want to take a bit of control of this situation, when you are in casual conversation with these "non-group" friends, remind them of how much you are looking forward to spending time with them at your shower and make a point of letting them know how excited you are to introduce them to the rest of the ladies.  Ex, "I can't wait to introduce you to XXXX, she's a really great person, just like you".  Showers have the handy by-product of letting people meet each other before the wedding, then they can re-connect at the wedding and have somebody to talk with.
    Good idea, thanks :)
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    All this.  I had several friends at my shower that didn't know each other.  They chatted there, and then I sat them together at the wedding so they had some familiar faces (especially the singles that chose not to bring a guest).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards