Moms and Maids

Re: fail

• ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ignore your mom. She sounds like a baby. Indulging her any futher will only make it worse than it is. Go buy your dress and be done with it especially since I seriously doubt she cares about the experience and is only looking for something to complain about.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could be wrong, but regardless of how you explained your mother to be, the whole situation sounds like the result of poor communication on both ends.  If you thought you were doing dress shopping with her and she thought she was seeing the dress, clearly you too didn't figure out your plans enough, and you're both at fault. 

Also, why would you ask your mom to go dress shopping with you if you knew you would be dreading it?  I think you in a way set yourself up for the problem when you went with your friends. 

If I were you I would call and say "I'm sorry we miscommunicated last time.  I would like to still show you the dress if you would like, and I'd like to try a few more dresses on too just in case I find something else."  If she declines, so be it.  If she accepts, then just try some more on and show her your dress. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_including-momepic-fail-disclaimer-looong-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1f5278ba-719c-4184-abce-1578b01ecdcaPost:f89d2d2a-1168-4799-a24d-a974d56f9cfd">Re: including my mom...epic FAIL! [Disclaimer: looong post]</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: including my mom...epic FAIL! [Disclaimer: looong post] : yeah my mom and i have poor communication, in general, but i had three conversations with her in regards to the bridal salons she chose prior to my picking her up, so it was a huge surprise to me when i asked, "so...which one do you want to go to first?" and she replies "i thought we were gonna see your dress?!" we never spoke about "the dress" except for when i told her i wanted to show her and she basically ignored me. my brother has taken a habit of treating conversations with her like a business transaction by always writing out in an email what they had previously discussed. she picks and chooses what she wants to hear.  it's ridiculous but i'm trying to include her as much as i can as a form of quality control. the more she's pleased, the more she won't pull anything crazy by the time of the wedding like showing up with an extra guest or two (or three or four...) or wearing a completely inappropriate MOB dress. 
    Posted by trishgutierrez[/QUOTE]

I don't need to tell you that it's none of your business what your mother wears, right? She's a grown woman who can dress herself. It's not going to reflect on you at all if she picks something awful.

Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You seem like a really reasonable person. Just try and be reasonable. I know that if someone is being really difficult, it's easy to just start nit picking them to death about everything cause you're so frustrated, but both you and I know that only makes you look like the bad guy.

Deal with your mom as lovingly and as patiently as you can even if that means ignoring her sometimes for the sake of your sanity. As long as you and your FI get married, that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Photobucket
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously?  What did we say that was so bad that she needed to delete it? 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    nothing, i really appreciated your replies and know now how to proceed. 

it was more a rant, if anything, and don't want to further perpetuate any negativity. 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_including-momepic-fail-disclaimer-looong-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1f5278ba-719c-4184-abce-1578b01ecdcaPost:174ebd73-59b9-4cde-81e3-930d0de0a077">Re: fail</a>:
    [QUOTE]nothing, i really appreciated your replies and know now how to proceed.  it was more a rant, if anything, and don't want to further perpetuate any negativity. 
    Posted by trishgutierrez[/QUOTE]

OP - deleting is rude to those who respond.  People search threads for answers to their problems and you may not have been the only one where dealing with this or something like this. 

If you DD (dirty delete) people are going to be less likely to help you when you need us.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    i apologize. didn't know proper community etiquette. won't happen again.
  • edited December 2011
    Trish-you shouldn't post under your real name. You can make a new account with a screen name to protect your privacy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards