Ohio-Cleveland

Do not go with Photoriffic Memories photobooth!

There is a groupon going on right now for Photoriffic Memories photo booth. I spoke to the owner before hand and he failed to mention MOST of the dealbreakers that he told me about this week (three weeks before the wedding). 

1. He will not set up during the event. Our ceremony and our reception are all in the same place - but for some unbeknownst reason that he cannot verbally provide to me, he refuses to set up during dinner (thus giving us 8-12). Instead, he wanted the four hours to start at 5:30pm, 30 minutes before the ceremony begins, so our time meter would be running during the actual ceremony. Come on. Of course this problem can be solved by adding time on at $150 per hour. 

2. Props are not included - as it specifically states that they are on the groupon website. He got incredibly snotty with me when I asked why, and suggested that he update the groupon page (not even complaining that they weren't there, mind you, just making a suggestion as a customer). 

3. He wants dinner for the attendant. Ok, now I've never gotten married before but I've been to plenty of weddings and you know what I have never seen the vendors doing? Eating your wedding dinner. Again - come on. 

4. Attitude. On top of everything else, his attitude bugged me the most. A lot of my other vendors (Gambitas Party Center, Pie Oh My!, Jusytna Walker photography, Cleveland Cupcake Co., Mark Frisky DJ) have ALL been incredibly versatile and open to working around the schedule of the ceremony and reception being in the same location. I find it hard to believe that the photobooth cannot do the same. Every single time I made a suggestion, he basically told me to get my money back then. Terrible customer service. 

Ladies, I'd veer as far away from this vendor as you can! Don't be fooled by the "good" price. It adds up!! 

Re: Do not go with Photoriffic Memories photobooth!

• If you're still looking for a photo booth, I used Aww Snapz Photo Booth and they did an excellent job. Marcus is their main contact there - he responds best to text messages.

In regards to providing dinner for the attendant: I provided dinner to all of my vendors who were at the reception (photographer, two videographers, DJ, and photo booth attendant). None of them insisted on it, but I knew if I were them, I would not be on my A-game if I hadn't been given a break to eat during a 6+ hour shift. Besides, while the vendors were eating, everyone else was eating too, so it's not like my photographer missed any action or there was a line at the photo booth waiting for the guy to finish eating. I put them all at their own table (vendors like to mingle with others they can work with in the future!), and they were all very appreciative that I took their needs into consideration. 
    Anniversary
  • There is a groupon going on right now for Photoriffic Memories photo booth. I spoke to the owner before hand and he failed to mention MOST of the dealbreakers that he told me about this week (three weeks before the wedding). 

1. He will not set up during the event. Our ceremony and our reception are all in the same place - but for some unbeknownst reason that he cannot verbally provide to me, he refuses to set up during dinner (thus giving us 8-12). Instead, he wanted the four hours to start at 5:30pm, 30 minutes before the ceremony begins, so our time meter would be running during the actual ceremony. Come on. Of course this problem can be solved by adding time on at $150 per hour. 

2. Props are not included - as it specifically states that they are on the groupon website. He got incredibly snotty with me when I asked why, and suggested that he update the groupon page (not even complaining that they weren't there, mind you, just making a suggestion as a customer). 

3. He wants dinner for the attendant. Ok, now I've never gotten married before but I've been to plenty of weddings and you know what I have never seen the vendors doing? Eating your wedding dinner. Again - come on. 

4. Attitude. On top of everything else, his attitude bugged me the most. A lot of my other vendors (Gambitas Party Center, Pie Oh My!, Jusytna Walker photography, Cleveland Cupcake Co., Mark Frisky DJ) have ALL been incredibly versatile and open to working around the schedule of the ceremony and reception being in the same location. I find it hard to believe that the photobooth cannot do the same. Every single time I made a suggestion, he basically told me to get my money back then. Terrible customer service. 

Ladies, I'd veer as far away from this vendor as you can! Don't be fooled by the "good" price. It adds up!! 
    You're incorrect about providing dinner.  It's quite rude to not provide dinner to your vendors.  That would include your photographer, DJ, videographer, wedding planner and photobooth people.  I didn't even include my DJ, photographer, videographer and photographer in my count for the venue...but since it was buffet, they got in line at the end.  Do you seriously expect them to work for hours on end without a break?  You should let them know they aren't being given a meal, by the way.  My vendors asked so they could plan ahead.
  • My anger came from the fact that this is brought up two weeks before the wedding (ie, we already gave our final numbers). If this was something he required, he needs to write it in the contract and we need to be told much farther ahead of time. All of our other vendors mentioned it to us far in advance and wrote it into their contracts.

I do not expect anyone to work for hours on end without a break - however fact is that a shift of work is a shift of work. 4 hours of work (of which he was not budging, and two of those hours were idle) does not make me want to pay more for them to eat as well. 

Our new photobooth (next star) vendor was so much more pleasant to work with and did not lave any surprises like that. 
  • It's not really a "surprise"...it's common sense etiquette to feed your vendors.  My videographer was the ONLY vendor who mentioned a meal.  The rest assumed they could eat.  It shouldn't have to be mentioned.
  • I've been to weddings where the vendors have actually been seated at my table -- it was done on purpose as a few of the wedding party were close friends with my group so it allowed them to come sit with us after the 'party' started.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards