New York-New York City
Options

Bachelorette Help....

Hello Lovely ladies,

I'm currently planning for my bachelorette party and I would love to spend a day/night in NYC! Sounds like so much fun! We will be traveling from Philly and need a place to stay in NY. So my question is………… Is there a hotel that has an awesome rooftop bar or dance club that has bachelorette packages in that area that's not gonna break the bank? Would love to stay in Times Square but I know it can get pricey… If you have any ideas please let me know! Thanks! 

Re: Bachelorette Help....

• Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun, but the people on this board come from all over the place (I'm in an entirely different country for instance).

Try asking people on your local board, or on the NYC one.
  • Options
    Are you the bride?  If so, you shouldn't be planning your own bach party.

If not, I would suggest trying the local boards (NYC) to get more precise answers from people who actually live in that area.

• Options
    Thank you for the info... my first board not to sure where to post.. will try and edit! :)
  • Options
    lizyori87 said:

Hello Lovely ladies,

I'm currently planning for my bachelorette party and I would love to spend a day/night in NYC! Sounds like so much fun! We will be traveling from Philly and need a place to stay in NY. So my question is………… Is there a hotel that has an awesome rooftop bar or dance club that has bachelorette packages in that area that's not gonna break the bank? Would love to stay in Times Square but I know it can get pricey… If you have any ideas please let me know! Thanks! 

You won't be able to edit this post and move it somewhere else, you'll have to just create a new post on the NY board.

But I'll ditto Maggie - it is in extremely poor taste to plan your own bachelorette party. This is something that's either thrown in your honor by someone else, or doesn't happen at all. 

• Options
    Thank you.. I'm not planning it but wanted to get some ideas so I can then relay the info to my MOH and bridesmaids on what I want.... maybe I should have re-wrote it a little different lol 
  • Options
    lizyori87 said:
    Thank you.. I'm not planning it but wanted to get some ideas so I can then relay the info to my MOH and bridesmaids on what I want.... maybe I should have re-wrote it a little different lol 
    Are your BMs/MOH even able to afford this type of weekend?  This is why you shouldn't even suggest something like this.  You could be putting undo pressure on your friends to throw you a party that they may not be able to afford.  And has anyone even offered to throw you a party?  If not you shouldn't mention anything until someone offers.

• Options
    Ditto Maggie and Lolo.  It's in poor taste to plan your own bachelorette party.  If your friends want to throw a bachelorette party, they might ask you where you want to go or who you want to invite.  But it's rude to presume they all want, and can afford, an expensive night life trip to NYC.

But here's a pro tip.  Don't stay in Times Square.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    edited August 2014
    lizyori87 said:
    Did they already explicitly offer to throw an OOT weekend party for you, this just isn't an assumption you're making? In that case, I think you've got a good enough start already! If you tell them "I was thinking girls' weekend in NYC, maybe rooftop bar with a bachelorette special?" then they'll be able to do the research on what it costs, maybe see if there's a good Groupon deal, ask the other girls whether it's in their budget to go, and then plan something everyone can afford.

The underlined is really the most important part. It's REALLYSUPERCRAPPY to get invited to a bachelorette party, get really excited about going, and then be told "it'll be this entire weekend and it costs $400 and you can pay me by Friday" and then have to decline if you can't afford it. This should be between your MOH/BMs and the other guests though, you shouldn't be part of money discussions for the party they're throwing you.

At the same time though, if they haven't already offered to throw an OOT party, this may be outside their budgets, and you should have that discussion with them before you go any further. "Thank you so much for offering to throw my bach party! Were you thinking a night out in town, or a weekend out of town? If we stay here, I love XYZ bar, but if it's possible to go OOT I'd love a day/night in NYC and thought maybe someplace offers a package special."

• Options
    @Liatris2010 @slothiegalYou can move this thread to the local board if you wish...see my thread and KP's response on our board. :)

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Thanks @photokitty!  I'll move this to the NYC board, hopefully you'll have better luck over there, OP.  :)
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards