Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    W(why)TF did my jury duty get cancelled again for tomorrow and Friday? I don't want to come to work tomorrow but I'd like to be cancelled for Friday! Also, WTF is wrong with my supervisor really? Since next Friday is good Friday and we are closed and it's my regular day off, I usually take off the day before, however she told me I can't because 2 people requested it off. There are 6 of us, I'm sure the office would be fine with 3 people, it's been done before AND for the day after thanksgiving there are only 2 people that will be here so what is the big deal....why does she always say no to me.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    So for the past few mega million drawings different people in the office have taken up a collection and bought tickets. well we obviously didn't win yesterday so another woman went around the office and asked EVERYONE except me if they wanted to do it again. She actually went around to every section and skipped over my office. Let's just say this woman and I don't get along. I haven't been able to ask FI if she asked him though.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ugh Jenn I'm sorry!  You have the worst supervisor ever!

I would like to say WTF is wrong with FI's friends!!!!!  None of them are giving a straight answer if they are coming to the wedding!!!!! I am getting so pissed at how flaky they are being.  As of now I have 7 BM's and FI has 1 groomsman and honestly I think that is all he will have.  I am so sick of his friends not being there for FI.  They are probably not even doing a bachelor party for him and he is really bummed.  FI said that if they don't come he probably won't talk to them anymore if they dont and I agree.  3 of the 5 lived at home with their parents (RENT FREE) up until about 2 months ago and were all working full time!  Plus we gave everyone a year and a half notice to save!  They easily could have their trips booked and paid for while living at home, but they didn't!  I am just frustrated and don't know what to do! I keep asking FI if I can message them or something and "go bridezilla on their ass" but FI said no... at least for now I will wait!  But we only have just over 2 months and we don't have FI's or the groomsmans outfits!!!!  They have all been friends since they were kids an I am so sad that they are doing this to FI!

Sorry for the long vent lol!

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    WhyTF am I so stressed about what's going to happen with work while I'm away for my wedding???  I seriously can't stop thinking about who's going to be covering my calls, etc... I have so much momentum going in my community right now, and I really don't want to lose it just b/c I'm going off to get hitched!!!  I know I'm going to end up taking calls and whatnot while I'm away and I'm already mad at myself over it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Just to give her ur money and say "here I heard you were collecting again, you missed me"!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    WTF is right Sam!!!  I'm sad for your FI just reading this... why can't his friends get thier act together and be there?!?!  What is wrong with people!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:777850cc-db28-4180-9449-6dc73e95218fPost:7fbecc40-8dfe-483f-850e-3265e87b1889">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh Jenn I'm sorry!  You have the worst supervisor ever! I would like to say WTF is wrong with FI's friends!!!!!  None of them are giving a straight answer if they are coming to the wedding!!!!! I am getting so pissed at how flaky they are being.  As of now I have 7 BM's and FI has 1 groomsman and honestly I think that is all he will have.  I am so sick of his friends not being there for FI.  They are probably not even doing a bachelor party for him and he is really bummed.  FI said that if they don't come he probably won't talk to them anymore if they dont and I agree.  3 of the 5 lived at home with their parents (RENT FREE) up until about 2 months ago and were all working full time!  Plus we gave everyone a year and a half notice to save!  They easily could have their trips booked and paid for while living at home, but they didn't!  I am just frustrated and don't know what to do! I keep asking FI if I can message them or something and "go bridezilla on their ass" but FI said no... at least for now I will wait!  But we only have just over 2 months and we don't have FI's or the groomsmans outfits!!!!  They have all been friends since they were kids an I am so sad that they are doing this to FI! Sorry for the long vent lol!
    Posted by ehlerss[/QUOTE]
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    W(hy)TF does my coworker laugh at EVERYTHING??? It hasn't bugged me before, but now it's just getting under my skin.  It's one of those condescending, why did you do that? why didn't you do it? are you serious? kind of laughs where i feel like i've done something wrong...when i know i didn't!  She does it to everyone...even our boss!  My boss called her out on it once, but she won't change.  It's not only her laughing...she also has a way of speaking to ppl that makes everyone uncomfortable, other offices on the floor have approached us about it. 

Ugh...she just did it again!!  A visitor just came to the office and since he just came back from Negril he was telling me about it (he knows my wedding will be there)...he asked me if FI or I were interested in golfing and she snickers....WHAT THE HELL?!?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:777850cc-db28-4180-9449-6dc73e95218fPost:8df17bcb-d241-40da-9e90-18ca0e886d6a">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to give her ur money and say "here I heard you were collecting again, you missed me"!
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

Well I just found out from FI that he gave her money. I know that I am being petty and childish about the whole thing but I just cannot stand this woman.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    @Jenn- that sucks!  i am starting to get upset for you!

@Sam- that is unbelievable!!  good friends are so hard to come by and its unfortunate that he practically grew up with them yet it seems they fail to value the friendship :-(

everyone's wtf's are getting me riled up today! lol!  i think i've been in a mood since yesterday and i can't shake it!
  • Options
    WTF is with me & FI being so indecisive. It is the worst trait for wedding planning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cathy - I would walk over to her and say something like - 'I must have been away from my office when you stopped by for the lotto money' and just hand it to her!
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    THese damn finals. I don't know how many time I as the Special Education Coordinator can ask the teachers to modify these 100 question finals for my sped students. The Special Education Teacher's classroom  has been full for three days striaght and these students are LOW. I love them but, I need teachers to teach to the ability.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sam, some of my FI friends are the same way! His "best friend" didn't even say congratulations when we got engaged and still hasn't! It really pisses me off!
    I'm in a bad mood today, everything annoys me! The lady that works with us pronounces the company name wrong every time she answers the phone and no one says anything! It's Gallivan (the first A is supposed to be the strong vowel) and she pronounces it Gallivant (with a strong last A), it drives me insane! Am i the only one that notices??I'm the new girl so I'm not saying anything.
    I could write another million things here today, but I'll stop complaining now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    W(hy) TF has it taken me a month and a half to clue in that my back problem was because of the chair at work! New chair and feeling great!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Sam...WTF is with his friends. Wow Emily I feel the same way with work since I was told nobody was going to have time to do my work for 2 weeks and when I get back I will have 3 days to get it all done for month end. Erin being indecisive sucks! I wish people would just tell me what to do sometimes! The future Mrs Jones~ record her and tell her she sounds like an idiot!
  • Options
    WTF is up with professors piling on the work two a week before we leave? Don't they know we're getting married!?! 

DW Siggy Challenge: Table Numbers-Jimmy Buffet Songs
    imageAnniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    Sam - How sad for your FI.  Can I offer my H as a new BFF?  He has had the same BFF for 35years and I think would be a good new friend!  On a serous note.  Is there any of his friends that you would feel comfortable talking to and explaining how your FI is feeling?  I don't know how old your Fi's friends are but maybe they are just too immature to understand how much they are hurting his feelings.

It is only the second day of the week and I have already worked 21 hours so I am kind of cranky myself!

Mrs Jones your co-work reminds me of mine.  I work with the most condescending phony b in the world and some days I want to borrow Jenn's ice scrapper.  She has been here longer than I have but I am a student working for my accounting designation as I work so I am going to pass here at some point so that pisses her off to no end and she tries to make my life hell and really succeeds sometimes. 

We are a small accounting office.  We have a couple bookkeepers, myself and her are considered jr accountants and my boss is the senior accountant.  We junior accountants take the corporate year end tax files when they come in and work through them.  We then pass then to our boss who has a quick look at the financial statements before he gives them to the other jr accountant for an in depth review.  We each review the others work. 

Well when it is her turn to review my work she will give me list pages and pages long of the most nit-picky things you have ever seen that have no bearing on the file, just waste the clients time and money and really just piss me off!  My boss knows she does this and tells me she is just jealous and to ignore her but if he know it why does he let her do it. 

It makes me hate my job.  For years I thought I really wanted to be an accountant but now I think I would rather work at McDonald's flipping burger's.  Who care's about the years I have spent on my education.

Only 38 sleeps till I go on vacation again!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    LMAOOO!!!!!! Just laughed so loud in the office, glad everyone is out on lunch lol!!  I need to find a tape recorder STAT! lol!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:777850cc-db28-4180-9449-6dc73e95218fPost:ee11bc07-274b-4f2a-bd3f-1531354a9748">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sam...WTF is with his friends. Wow Emily I feel the same way with work since I was told nobody was going to have time to do my work for 2 weeks and when I get back I will have 3 days to get it all done for month end. Erin being indecisive sucks! I wish people would just tell me what to do sometimes! <strong>The future Mrs Jones~ record her and tell her she sounds like an idiot!</strong>
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    rmontpas- That is NOT cool! esp if its causing unnecessary work!  WTF is up with your boss allowing it to happen??? doesn't he want an efficient office?

by the way...i am a fellow accountant! going for my CPA!!!  i don't work for an accounting firm right now, but i am the assistant controller at a small real estate company.
  • Options
    WTF is up with my cousin?! 

I've mentioned this part of the story before, but here is a recap: So one of my cousins was supposed to be a BM and her son was going to be a RB. In Feb. when I started collecting the deposits, she had her sister, another BM, call me and tell me she couldn't go. I just kind of took it for what it was....a little disappointed but not really a big deal. 

So then yesterday, I texted her sister about her dress. She lives in TX (army wife), and was still ok with travelling to DR for the wedding. I asked her numerous times if she was sure she would be able to go, almost hoping she would back out sooner than later...if that makes sense ( because each time I talked to her it was like she was hinting at how difficult it would be). Her and her husband do not have any family in TX, and I guess there are certain times where he has 24 hour duty, so she is worried about who will watch their daughter. 

So....back to yesterday. I text her asking her if she got my e-mail about the dress and she was like "Oh my e-mail has been acting crazy so I took it off my phone for a while. I see it. I am not sure I am going to go." WTF!!! This isn't a Saturday night party you are declining! It is my wedding. I was so taken back by it. Like it would have been one thing to tell me you just don't think it would work out with the baby....fine, I get it. By I guess I am most irritated that it just all seemed to run together in her message....Just saw the e-mail, buy BTW I'm not going. 

Sorry for the long rant. I didn't post yesterday because I was so pissed off, and waiting for the WTF thread. No other BMs or GM should be dropping out...we have a deposit from them all. Hopefully this is the last bridal party glitch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:777850cc-db28-4180-9449-6dc73e95218fPost:14b93673-9df6-4b93-a7bb-4b33bf27eb1b">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]W(hy) TF has it taken me a month and a half to clue in that my back problem was because of the chair at work! New chair and feeling great!
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

Yay for a new chair!!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Nicole...WTF is right. I can't believe people backing out of these wedding. I wish my friends would have a DW so I could go!! Rhonda, you can borrow my ice scraper any time! It's a reall long one. Would be nice for a b*tch slap prior to the scrape!!
  • Options
    Jenn - You want to deliver it to me?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    When that snow disappears! I'm ready for a road trip to find new hard rocks!!
  • Options
    No Hard Rocks here but after the scrapper incident is done I am willing to search out some with you!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Awesome! I'm sure theres some Hard Rocks on the way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards