Registry and Gift Forum

Deleting gifts from registry as they are purchased?

We received our wedding gift that was from our registry this past Saturday (thank yous are in the mail!), should I now delete the item from our registry, or just trust that people will see the "purchased" feature.

Part of me wants to just leave it on there so that:
1. I don't know what has been purchased off of my registry
2. I like it when people leave up their registry, even if stuff has been purchased so that I can get a sense of what they are looking for/ personal style

What did other people do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Deleting gifts from registry as they are purchased?

• We're leaving ours up. I'm sure people won't get confused. And if they do and get you something you already have, you can always just return it for something else on the registry. (And they'll never even know because you'll still have one of whatever they got you!)
  • Leave it up.

Unless you are registered at Target, then you might want to consider taking it off.  I got a lot of duplicates from my Target registry and could have been saved quite a few returns if I would have deleted the items I got from the shower.

• I would not delete them bc some registries make it easier to return items that are on the registry. If you gets  duplicate and have deleted then you might have to have the gift receipt versus it just being on the registry and marked purchased.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thanks for the advice!

I was leaning toward leaving everything up there, but the last two weddings I went to I noticed were deleting items as they were purchased, so I was not sure what to do!

Thanks again!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been going in and making sure they are marked as purchased.  I don't delete, just mark as purchase because for some reason even the stuff people purchase online don't all seem to be marked as received with our Target registry.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would not delete them bc some registries make it easier to return items that are on the registry. If you gets  duplicate and have deleted then you might have to have the gift receipt versus it just being on the registry and marked purchased.

SITB - THIS!  BB&B doesn't require a gift receipt if it shows purchased from your registry.  Don't think that will work if you delete it.
  • I've only deleted those items that aren't coming off of the registry properly. For example, the shower gift I got from my sister never came off of the Target registry. I haven't figured out how to mark it as purchased so I just deleted it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I opened my registries up much earlier because a friend or two were asking, and I had already started receiving junk mail/promo's for registering. We registered for duplicates (if it was sold at multiple chains, we registered for it at multiple places). I knew I'd stalk the registries a bit, didn't mind the tracking hassle, and replacing discontinued items. 

An item has been bought, this was on all the registries. So I go mark "Purchased", where it was not purchased with the online manager, If it required a call to Customer service on our end, I would delete it for simplicity. Other than that, I'd plan on leaving purchases showing.
  • I opened my registries up much earlier because a friend or two were asking, and I had already started receiving junk mail/promo's for registering. We registered for duplicates (if it was sold at multiple chains, we registered for it at multiple places). I knew I'd stalk the registries a bit, didn't mind the tracking hassle, and replacing discontinued items. 

An item has been bought, this was on all the registries. So I go mark "Purchased", where it was not purchased with the online manager, If it required a call to Customer service on our end, I would delete it for simplicity. Other than that, I'd plan on leaving purchases showing.
    I think you should leave the purchased items so others can see what you've gotten.  Maybe they want to get you accessories for something you've already gotten, or they think "Oh good, someone bought that platter, I can get the matching bowls/etc.".  For example, if you registered for a KitchenAid stand mixer and some accessories, and the mixer was purchased (and then you deleted it), someone may hesitate to buy the accessories because they aren't sure if you've received the mixer or not.  Common sense would say that you wouldn't register for accessories for an item you don't have, but common sense isn't all that common.
  • The other concern I would have with this is registry rewards. I registered at Macy's and I received a gift card after the wedding for a percentage of the gifts that were bought off my registry. Would they take gifts that were deleted off your registry into account for something like that?
  • I'd not risk deleting items from a Macys list if you care strongly for those Rewards. But you are in luck, online Macys, will let you adjust for items purchased from another registry with their online manager (adjust the "still need" # down). Adjust the quantity, and leave the item on the Registry. Macys will know it wasn't bought at at their store for rewards. Guests will have the information available that it's been bought, for reasons PineapplePopsicles noted above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards