Ohio-Cleveland

300 Guest Wedding on a $15,000 Budget... is it possible?

My fiancé and I both have large families and we are excited to share our day with them! Our guest list is close to 300 guests and our budget is restricted to $15,000. I'm looking for any suggestions on how to stay within our budget! If we can have a reception site where we bring our own alcohol and caterer that would be awesome! We want our guests to have a GREAT time but not to break the bank.  Thank you!

Re: 300 Guest Wedding on a $15,000 Budget... is it possible?

• It's doable but it'll be tough.  You'll have to go with a super cheap florist (or fake flowers or none at all), an inexpensive bakery (heck, even sheet cakes and a small cake for you to cut), no favors, a cheap DJ and photographer, etc.  $15K at 300 is 50/person...most venues...at least any reputable ones...are going to be about that much and that doesn't include all the other vendors.  Does this $15K price tag also have to include your dress?  Gifts for the wedding party?  If that's also the case, you're nuts. :)

Look at your guest list... Are you inviting children?  Do you really have to?  Can you possibly only allow nieces and nephew but not beyond that if that's applicable to you?  Eliminate +1s for anyone who isn't in a relationship.

• I hosted my reception for 120 people for just under $6000. That price included food (two meats, potato, veggies & salad & bread, booze, linens, centerpieces since I took one of the options the venue offered (I just had to provide the candles), cake, card box, a nice appetizer table and an amazing dessert table. When shopping for venues, compare what they offer you in the per person price. Having a venue that included all of those items reduces my stress so much because I only had to deal with one vendor & they took care of everything for my reception with the set up. Not sure if it's in the part of town you are interested in, but I used the Patrician Party Center in Eastlake. 
  • $15K for the RECEPTION is definitely doable.  I think $15K for the whole freaking thing would be quite a challenge.
  • kimdownie1213kimdownie1213 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014
    It will be tight but definitely doable if you are creative! My wedding was about 210 people and just at $10000 for EVERYTHING. Granted , I am a hairstylist/makeup artist and so is my brother so we did not have that cost. A good friend is also starting a photography business and hooked us up for half price.

We had our wedding on a Friday which kept venue cost down. We were able to bring in our own caterer and alcohol. We had BBQ which was delicious and very reasonably priced. Instead of a full bar, we had several types of beer and wine with a few signature drinks.

We had a great deal on a limo bus from a bridal show. That also served as the shuttle for our guests.

I had no flowers of any kind which really kept the price down. For center pieces we did tall hurricane vases with beachy things. I made my brooch bouquet and crystal bouquets for my girls.
    STDs were made with a vistaprint groupon and invitations from a kit I purchased on sale. We did our own uplighting by renting the exact same lights dj's from a kareoke supply store (random I know) for about a quarter of the price. I literally DIY'd nearly everything at our wedding which really kept costs down.
    Hope this helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimdownie1213 - Where was your wedding?  Cute picture!  I love the sash on the chair.  It was a nice way to dress up the chair without doing a full chair cover.
  • Thanks, It was at the Vermilion on the Lake Historic Community Center. I didn't want to do chair covers because the wooden chairs fit the venue so well, so the sashes added a pop of color!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards