June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday Update

The other board I'm on does wedding wednesday updates, just saying what they've accomplished planning wise for the past week. I thought it might be fun to start doing here since there are so many of us active on the board.

So with that in mind, what'd everyone get done this week?

I put a deposit down on our first choice DJ and we are super excited about that! He's the most sought out DJ in our region and he was already booked for another June 2013 wedding, so we managed to sneak in under the wire on that. 
                                                                              Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Wedding Wednesday Update

• I haven't really done anything wedding related this week because I've been so swamped with school and fraternity activities (and that whole getting a house thing). However, I have an appointment Saturday at David's with my mom and two of my bridesmaids. There's a dress I've been looking at online that I HAVE to try on before I can make any decisions about the other one I'm in love with.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Well, we just finished Pre Cana.  For those who don't know what that is it's basically mandatory marriage prep class for Catholics.  So we give our certificate to our Deacon and can sort of check it off the list of things we need to do for the church.

Otherwise, nothing else wedding related.  BUT FI and I did just buy our first brand new car ever, and we did it together.  I am driving it now since he has a company vehicle but after I get my degree, he will drive it to work since he will switch to a different sector that no longer allows them to bring their vans home.

Honestly the next thing we have going is engagement photos next month, and I might look into finalizing my DJ contract and booking a cake baker soon.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Klyn1983Klyn1983 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I really should be working on planning more since I only have a few more days off of school, but I've been sick. :( So all I've done is browse online and found inspiration for all the little details we want to do. I did narrow down the BM dresses to 3 choices though! So I'm pretty happy about that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked our photographer last week. I am so happy that is done and over with. Our photographer is basically booked through June, which is fine we wanted fall engagement pictures anyways so we are scheduling them for September sometime.  FI and I are going on vacation next week- we leave Saturday and are heading to Savannah, GA and Augusta, GA for the masters. So excited to finally have a vacation- I am so not motivated to do anything for school, wedding, or work until after vacation. The next thing I am looking into is the DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sparkles, I am so happy that you landed a great photographer. I remember your distress over your top choice being booked and your worry about not being able to find another whose work you liked just as much. 

Not much planning here since we're just waiting to book our venues - they don't allow booking more than 12 months in advance. I bought a wedding magazine at Target today... does that count? Hehe. Seriously though, my goal for the next couple of weeks is to visit some alternative venues in case our top choices won't work for whatever reason.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sparkles, way to go on nailing down your photog! 

Chels I think that's a good idea, to look at Plan B venues just in case.  And you never know you might fall in love with a different one...
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I picked my BP dresses last week :) This week i've been searching for an apartment for FI and I to move into (I live with parents now, and FI and I  are hopefully moving in together in May - Fingers crossed, we should hear on friday if we got the place we love!) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We narrowed down our choices for reception venues. The goal is to have ceremony and reception booked by April 7th. And then up next will be a photographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LnodesLnodes member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I haven't really done anything wedding related this week being too busy with work and school, but I DID  book my venue and photographer about 2 weeks ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:81c40443-3789-4589-ac82-aa2de89f02b6Post:bfd6506b-ff83-40e7-84c7-aa5a3ee9bf38">Re: Wedding Wednesday Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels I think that's a good idea, to look at Plan B venues just in case.  And you never know you might fall in love with a different one...
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]

<div>You know, it's funny but FI is the one who is really, really stuck on this certain spot for the ceremony. I love the place too, but I'm open to looking at and falling in love with other places (provided they're within our budget). </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I decided what flowers the BMs are going to carry and found multiple pictures of mason jar lanterns (DIY project) that I loved, so we are going that route for lighting :)

On a NWR note, As of today (around 3:00ish), I will be debt free!!! No more car payments for me! Woot Woot!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cute idea!

I had a light week for my wedding stuff because I am throwing a bridal shower for a friend on Sunday.  That has been taking up most of my free time!

I did, however, arrange a time to meet our decor company tomorrow to pick up a sample of our chair cover and sash.  FI and I are bringing FMIL (shoot me now) to the venue for the first time on Saturday.    Her reaction when we described it was "Hmm... Interesting..."   While we're there, we'll try on our chair covers and see if we like them.  Then we can sign our contract, put down the deposit, and have another thing checked off the list! 
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards