Not Engaged Yet

Confessions/Vents/UOs/II

II/Vent: FI is a night owl and I'm not. I get up every morning and make us both breakfast and lunch and take out the dog and feed her breakfast. FI stays in bed and hits snooze/sleeps until I bring him breakfast and wake him up. I feel frustrated today because if I choose to sleep in 10 minutes later, then we leave 10 minutes later, and we sit in 15 to 20 minutes more of traffic than if we left "on time". But we've been together for over 3 years, so it's nothing new to me. I guess that's why this is an II. FI always says how much he appreciates my help in the morning...but I'm extra crabby today. Sometimes I just don't want to be the responsible one.

Confession: There are two couples I wish I had invited (one of FI's indirect managers and my parent's neighbors) and didn't because I'm really hoping for an overall guest count of 125 or less. It's looking like we're going to hit around 119 people and I desperately want to send them an invite too. B-listing is bad...but I never realized how tempting it actually was.

Re: Confessions/Vents/UOs/II

• @LaPeanut1018 -Coming from a girl who got extremely frustrated last night because I feel like I do everything too...you need a break and deserve to sleep in and let Tim do the work for once lol.

Confession: Sometimes I feel really bad about certain things that H does for me that I don't do for him but then I sometimes feel like he doesn't do enough sometimes and I do everything. SO CONFLICTING LOL. I guess I just need to realize that we are both doing a lot for each other and to not get upset when he leaves clothes all over the laundry room because he has been working literally ALLLLL day for both of his jobs and that it would probably not help much that I cared about his clothes being left on the floor.

Confession: @LaPeanut1018 one of your bridesmaid's never paid me back for our gift to you and Tim that we gave y'all at your shower and I have a feeling she isn't going to pay me back for the hotel after this weekend either. I feel like it would be rude of me to confront her about it after it's been two months but after it adds up that's a lot of money...Should I say something to her? Her name starts with a C and ends with AT.

II: WHY DOES FACEBOOK FLOOD MY NEWSFEED WITH ADVERTISEMENTS AFTER ONE OF MY FRIENDS LIKES THEM?!?!?!?!?!??

UO: I could care less about a new I phone coming out.
  • Confession: My hair has gotten darker than it used to be, and I'm going to get highlights done on my roots so that I still look really platinum blonde. I feel like a fraud.

(For the record, my hair is still REALLY light blonde, it's just not AS light blonde as it used to be.)

Confession: I'm super nervous for our engagement pics next weekend. I think I'm super unphotogenic, and I feel like I'm going to look awful in all of them. 

II: People who reply all to listserv emails. STOP IT.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Confession @LaPeanut1018 - I was B listed once and didn't care/take it personal.  The bride had a small destination wedding and we became closer after her engagement.  H and I couldn't go, because we alread had a vacation planned a few weeks later, but it didn't bug me that she invited us after her RSVP date

Confession 2: I feel like I cheat on my diet on purpose on the weekends.  I KNOW what I need to do to be better and come the weekend its like I just don't care.  This makes me frustrated.

II: Running into my co-workers or, worse, clients at the gym.  I don't want them to see me sweat...I feel the same way about H too (which I know is stupid since he's seen me in a variety of gross states).

• Vent: I found a nail in my tire yesterday so I took it to the shop this morning. They can't patch it and say they need to replace the whole thing, which costs 207 dollars. I said no, and I'm going to shop around at other places for a better price. Life is expensive. I just had to drop a ton of money on a prescription yesterday. 

Confession: I hate that I've got a cold. I need to get to the gym and start working out again, but I don't want to be all sniffly and possibly getting other people sick. 
  • @southernpeach89 - I don't care about the new iphone either. I never really care about stuff like that.

@GoldenPenguin - You will look fantastic in your engagement pictures!

Vent: One of BF's good friends keeps complaining that she can't get into nursing school. She claims it's that Colorado just doesn't have enough nursing programs so it's too competitive (Colorado has a ridiculous number of nursing programs I know of at least 8 in the Denver area). I'm so sick of hearing her complain about this. Girl, it's been 6 years since you graduate high school and you still haven't managed to get into nursing school you need to figure out a new life plan.

• Confession - I downloaded the Fertility Friend app and have been reading a ton of stuff about getting/being pregnant, even though we very well might NOT be in the right place, financially, to get KTFU after the wedding next year. I know I really should just focus on being excited to get MARRIED but I'm also soooo excited to start a family with FI and I just cannot wait for that next stage. 

Confession - I wish I never left the company I had been with for 4 years after college. The last position I had there was NOT the right fit for me, and I felt ready to move on and do something different, but I had been on a great trajectory there and I'm worried I screwed up my future by leaving. A big part of me would LOVE to find something to apply to at that company now, but I feel indebted to my current boss and I also love my 8-4 schedule and easy commute so much, that it would be tough to give that up. I'm planning on sticking here for at 1 full year, and then I'll weigh my options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: My hair has gotten darker than it used to be, and I'm going to get highlights done on my roots so that I still look really platinum blonde. I feel like a fraud.

(For the record, my hair is still REALLY light blonde, it's just not AS light blonde as it used to be.)

Confession: I'm super nervous for our engagement pics next weekend. I think I'm super unphotogenic, and I feel like I'm going to look awful in all of them. 

II: People who reply all to listserv emails. STOP IT.

ME TOO! Ours are in 2 weeks and I'm so nervous. Neither one of us are super comfortable in front of the camera and I think we're both unphotogenic. I'm scared they're going to be so awkward. I just hope our photog will be good at making us relax and be natural. 

• Re: Engagement pics... I'm not sure if this will help you guys feel at ease, @GoldenPenguin and @lavenderfields13, but most engagement pics don't show your full faces. They're normally of the couple kissing, cuddling, laughing, etc. My FI is really nervous in front of the camera too, and he feels much better about the pics knowing that he won't be staring at the camera for most of the shots. It's basically just you guys interacting with your FIs while the camera documents it. No stiff posing and "say cheese!" involved. :)

• Vent: I hate my school. All of this time I was told that this would be my last semester. That I had to take these classes and would be done. I went in and signed my graduation contract and left feeling good. Then, yesterday, an email stating that I was missing 6 credits... WTF? since when? I am so angry because 1. I found someone to take over my lease in January 2. I have paid for 1/2 of my ticket to Japan 3. WTH did no one mention anything this semester or last semester!

Vent: I tried to be nice to work. I really did. I gave them my full availability and they abuse it. I have to cut back by 4 hours so you decide to have me work 5 days/week with 4 4 hours shifts and 1 8 hours shift? WTF? have me work 4 fuckin days, with 2 8 hour shifts... seriously!
  • For the e-pics crowd: I am not photogenic. I still liked a lot of our pictures, and everyone else seems to love them. It's really hard for me to really like them (the one in my sig is pretty much the only one I loved loved loved), but I try to focus on how everyone else loves them, and honestly, I'm getting better at recognizing that that's just how I look, and that's okay.

II: I don't just NOT care about the latest tech from Apple. I am actively irritated with it. DON'T CARE OKAY APPLE?!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • RE: engagement photos - #1, you are all super pretty so enough of that, #2, @eilis1228 makes a good point that a lot of it is just interacting with each other instead of standing and smiling at the camera, and #3, professional photos make everyone look a million times better than photos taken by friends or phone cameras.

Case in point: I consider myself extremely unphotogenic and self-conscious and awkward in front of cameras. Thinking about engagement and wedding pictures was making me really anxious because I was so sure I would hate how I looked in them. I am THRILLED with our photos.

You all hired photographers because they are pros. You're all going to look fantastic and I demand that you AW your photos as soon as you get them.

Side note: I am feeling a bit bossy today...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    @Psychbabe314 - Go talk to your adviser ASAP. It's possible it's a mistake or that they can help you figure something out. I'm assuming they were required to sign off on your last semester of classes, I'm surprised they would miss something as big as 6 credits. Are you short the number of credits required to graduate or are these specific required classes? My adviser in undergrad. let me substitute some classes I was more interested in for required classes so maybe you can work something out there with classes you?

• @Psychbabe314 - Go talk to your adviser ASAP. It's possible it's a mistake or that they can help you figure something out. I'm assuming they were required to sign off on your last semester of classes, I'm surprised they would miss something as big as 6 credits. Are you short the number of credits required to graduate or are these specific required classes? My adviser in undergrad. let me substitute some classes I was more interested in for required classes so maybe you can work something out there with classes you?
    I am seeing my adviser tomorrow. The issue is that while I do have the 120 credits that I need to graduate, I am missing 6 upper division credits. I have too many lower division credits and thus I am short 6.
  • UO: I am SO excited to pre-order my iPhone 6 at 3:01am on Friday. I legit have my alarm already set. I am aware this might make me crazy. 

Confession: I am worried that something will go wrong and suddenly the house won't be ours after all. It's a scary feeling. 

II: I hate when people tag me in a photo on FB and I'm not even in the damn thing. My mom tagged me in a picture of my dad on the beach this morning. I wanted to respond "cool story, bro" but instead, I just untagged myself and yelled at my dad for smoking. 

• @swazzle For the preordering... it's 12:01am Pacific, right? I need to preorder mine as well but don't know anything about that process.

• @lmcooper86 - I legit snort-laughed at your bossy comment. @Swazzle always calls me a bossypants, so I'm glad to not be the only one on the board ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

• edited September 2014
    @GoldenPenguin your engagement photos will be beautiful.  A good photographer will make you look amazing.  I hate how I look in most photos, but I've loved any photographer taken of my by a professional.  I love my wedding and engagement photos.

Confession: I have the worst baby fever ever.  I mentioned to H a few weeks ago that the end of Sept I have no more BCP in the house and will need a refill prescription.  So I asked him to think about whether we wanted me to stay on it a bit longer or go off it and start trying.  I'm really really hoping he wants to start trying.  I'm so excited and ready to start.  
    Confession 2: I bought a BBT for temping and set up an account on Fertility Finder too.  I've got secret board on pinterest for nursery ideas, although we already talked about it and the nursery is going to be painted grey.

II: H has not done any house work lately I've been great at keeping the new kitchen clean, preparing meals and such. He has taken out the garbage and done some of his own laundry.  That is it. 

Anniversary

• Completely Rational Irritation/Vent: My current coworkers can't read all of the sudden. I have no idea what happened this past weekend, but it's like all of them have a preschool level of reading comprehension all of the sudden. For example, I mentioned a relevant email in a meeting yesterday, and not everyone had received the email. So I said I would forward it to everyone on the call, and did so during the meeting. At 8 pm last night, the meeting organizer responds to my forwarded email, asking if I ever forwarded the email. I actually sent him an email back that said: "You just responded to it.". A very similar situation happened today with a different coworker. These are engineers with Master's degrees. 

Confession: I want money to magically appear in my savings account so that we have enough of a down payment on a house that I am drooling over before someone else buys it. I would also be very happy if it stays on the market for the next 10 months while we save said money. It is literally perfect and I want it now. 

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    Vent: My landlord fucked up with my rent this month and I found a "Demand for Rent" wanting me to pay over $300 more than my rent is posted on my door when I got home from work today. I paid my rent, I dropped off the check to them on the 3rd when it was due. I called they said it came back as insufficient fund. Bullshit assholes. I at no point have had that little in my account. And I looked and you never event tried to process my check according my bank. So now I have to take time tomorrow to figure your shit out for you. I'm not happy at all and I can't wait until I can move out of this hell hole and you had better believe there will be negative reviews of this place everywhere I can put one.

• Vent: I have my first IEP meeting of the year tomorrow for a student I have known a total of 10 days. I've had to scramble with the data, paperwork and contacting service providers (speech therapist, adaptive phys ed, occupational therapist, etc.) since day one for this student. Basically the student has been my BFF since the first day of school, when I have 14 others to support too. I hope that all of my efforts result in the parent showing up tomorrow....but that's always a toss up. I've never had an IEP due this early- last year's teacher fucked me over pretty much.

Confession: I feel like I sound like an asshole based on my vent- but it's how I really feel right now. Sometimes I let the stress get to me when the dates approach and things fall through. I feel like sometimes reg ed teachers judge me because I can't get the kid to stop being a behavior problem or learn to read faster or type/write faster. I guess this is somewhat a confession/vent.
  • Confession: I am really nervous about talking to my girlfriends about being BMs. I have no idea why.

Vent: My work won't pay for my next PMP class because this year's budget got all fucked up by another department. They're cutting anything that they don't have to pay for, and even though there's an education fund as part of our benefits, because this wasn't previously approved they won't pay for it. I can't take a course in the winter because it'll end like the week before our wedding and I know that I can't stretch myself that thin and I can't take a course in the summer because they'll all start while we're on our honeymoon and I can't miss 2 weeks of class. So now my going back to school is going to be delayed by a whole fucking year and I am really pissed off and sad about it.

Confession: I took out my pissed off and sad on FI earlier today and I feel like a major jerk.

II: One of the other department managers ALWAYS misses me when she sends staff emails. I'm constantly out of the loop about who's off from her team and other relevant things. Also, she walks about singing to herself and it makes me stabby.

@GoldenPenguin - I try to keep my bossy pants in check here, I feel like I haven't been around long enough! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Confession: I cannot watch shows/movies/nada re 9/11. Don't want those feels.

Vent: Fuck my sinuses and this cold.

UO: I'm not interested in wedding planning.

• @tuarceatha Feel better! I'm with you on the 9/11 stuff I can't watch.  I typically just want to crawl under a blanket and hide on 9/11....

Anniversary

• Confession: Like a bunch of other people here apparently, I'm nervous that I'm not going to look good in my engagement photos. I don't photograph well. But I got a new dress this evening and maybe that will help my confidence. I need leggings - what color? He's wearing a black shirt open over a white t-shirt and jeans right now because we don't want super-formal shots. Photos are outside at the end of September in the Northern Plains - cold is a total possibility.

Mine is about 50% grey, not cranberry.

Calvin Klein Long-sleeve Cowl Neck Sweater Dress
  • @Keptinstitches I'd wear whatever leggings match whatever footwear you're planning on wearing. Black would be cute!

II: J came home from gaming night pretty drunk (he didn't even deny it when I asked him) and because he's so drunk, he's doing this thing where he comes home and just wants to talk and talk and talk about stuff that stresses me out.

Is it weird that when he's out for the evening and comes home late, I want to continue my alone time? Like, this isn't a problem when both of us are home, but when I've been home all night, having some self-time, I get irritated when he interrupts it.
    Anniversary
  • Not II, @phira. I have the same thing when FI comes home from gaming. He wants to talk about the campaign and I'm like "not interested but caring because it's important to you."
  • @KeptInStitches Tonight they didn't do much gaming, although J doesn't talk about that much anyway. But he gets this weird tone when he's really drunk, like ... this breathy philosophical tone, and it just irritates the shit out of me. Like, okay, welcome home, but I'm reading shit on Tumblr, please leave me alone, your voice is irritating.
    Anniversary
  • UO: I kind of really love Taylor Swift's new song. I think it's fun and catchy and I think she's adorable in the music video. I may or may not be listening to it right now.

@Phira - I totally get wanting to continue your alone time. I get into a specific mood when I get alone time and it doesn't really allow for other people. I just want to do my thing by myself. I don't know I guess it doesn't make sense but I empathize with you!

• @peaseblossom55 and @hummingbird125 - if you have any questions about FF or TTC, please don't be afraid to ask me! If there's anything good about this 26+ month TTC journey, it's that I've learned a few things :)

II: When I go to the bathroom, and there are six empty stalls, and someone comes in and chooses one RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Why??

UO: IDGAF about new Apple products. The only Apple product I own is my 3 year old shuffle.

@goldenpenguin - you will look beautiful and your pictures will be awesome. Because I say so.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cu97tiger said:
    @peaseblossom55 and @hummingbird125 - if you have any questions about FF or TTC, please don't be afraid to ask me! If there's anything good about this 26+ month TTC journey, it's that I've learned a few things :)

II: When I go to the bathroom, and there are six empty stalls, and someone comes in and chooses one RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Why??

UO: IDGAF about new Apple products. The only Apple product I own is my 3 year old shuffle.

@goldenpenguin - you will look beautiful and your pictures will be awesome. Because I say so.
    There is nothing irrational about this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards