Attire & Accessories Forum

what to wear over dress

It'll be cold during my wedding and my dress is strapless. We're going to be outdoor for a little bit (walking from our cabin to the castle and first look/outdoor photos) I'm wondering what I should wear over my shoulders for these things. Any suggestions?

Re: what to wear over dress

• How cold is it going to be? You have some options - shawl, cardigan, shrug, bolero.
  • It can very depending on the year but for the most part it's either chilly for a a thick jacket/hoodie or it can be so cold it's snowing.
  • I'd probably go with a faux fur shrug then (assuming that would go with your dress).
  • It sort of depends on what vibe you're going for.  I'm seriously considering a short, leather jacket.  Etsy has some cute wedding cardigans, but I'm not sure that will fit for me.
  • This is my dress. I was considering a cape since we're getting married in a castle(kind of a beauty and the beast feel) but a fur shawl may work. I tend to get cold easily...
  • A few weeks ago I saw an article about bridal coats (unfortunately I forget where) and I nearly died of envy that I wasn't getting married in winter.  Coming from a subtropical climate, I didn't even know these existed, but some of them are breathtaking and you can definitely find one that won't crush your dress.  I have no idea how much they cost, but it could be worthwhile looking at second hand wedding sites if you're only to wear it for a short while.

• I love this look, the contrasting coat and large cozy scarf. I am doing something similar for my winter wedding.
  • atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    I have a white David's Bridal faux fur capelet I'd like to sell if you're interested. It was $99, worn at easter not a wedding if you're superstitious. I'll sell it for $20.

Do you have a grandmother or someone who could loan you a real, vintage fur? My grandmother had some gorgeous furs.

My MOH had a blackwatch plaid cape. She still wears it to dates or when she dresses up. I think that's great so you can use it again.

• FMIL made me a GORGEOUS black wool cape with silver cobwebs, lined in gray satin. I seriously love it.
  • @atlastmrsg i sent you a pm. My grandma had a few furs but they aren't in very good condition :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards