Moms and Maids

Maid of Honor

I have a question about choosing a maid of honor. I want to ask a dear friend of mine but it is a bit tricky. We were best friends in high school but I moved and we didnt speak for years - besides facebook (because of the move, not an arguement). Well I am back to my home town and we have since re-united. We are not as close but still remain good friends. Is it ok to ask her to be my maid of honor? She has 2 children and therefore I know she is busy. I really have nonoe else to ask, no sisters or brothers. No other close friends? HEP!

Re: Maid of Honor

• You can ask anyone you want to be in your bridal party or your MOH.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Are you asking because you really want her to stand up for you or are you just out of options?  If you really want her to be there for you, remember, there are no real duties she has to fulfill other than being there in the chosen dress, and hopefully, sober.  So being really busy does not factor in.  
  • I have a question about choosing a maid of honor. I want to ask a dear friend of mine but it is a bit tricky. We were best friends in high school but I moved and we didnt speak for years - besides facebook (because of the move, not an arguement). Well I am back to my home town and we have since re-united. We are not as close but still remain good friends. Is it ok to ask her to be my maid of honor? She has 2 children and therefore I know she is busy. I really have nonoe else to ask, no sisters or brothers. No other close friends? HEP!
    Too busy for what?
  • I have a question about choosing a maid of honor. I want to ask a dear friend of mine but it is a bit tricky. We were best friends in high school but I moved and we didnt speak for years - besides facebook (because of the move, not an arguement). Well I am back to my home town and we have since re-united. We are not as close but still remain good friends. Is it ok to ask her to be my maid of honor? She has 2 children and therefore I know she is busy. I really have nonoe else to ask, no sisters or brothers. No other close friends? HEP!
    You can ask whomever you want to be your MOH. If you want her to stand up with you, then by all means give her a call and ask.

zitiqueen said:
    I have a question about choosing a maid of honor. I want to ask a dear friend of mine but it is a bit tricky. We were best friends in high school but I moved and we didnt speak for years - besides facebook (because of the move, not an arguement). Well I am back to my home town and we have since re-united. We are not as close but still remain good friends. Is it ok to ask her to be my maid of honor? She has 2 children and therefore I know she is busy. I really have nonoe else to ask, no sisters or brothers. No other close friends? HEP!
    Too busy for what?
    I second this.  If you ask your friend to be MOH, all she has to do is get the dress that the two of you discuss, show up the day of the wedding and smile for the pictures.  Things like bridal shower, bachelorette party or even helping with wedding crafts are optional.  If she wants to do those things for you, that's great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards