New Jersey

Best Northern NJ Venue June 2015 Wedding

My fiance and I have been dating for 6 years, and we are now newly engaged :)

I couldn't wait to start the planning process. I've decided I want to get married in June - he's a teacher so it would be timely for him for it to be at the end of the year, and work is quiet for me in June, so we can actually look forward to relaxing on our honeymoon.

Looking for some insight on venus in northern NJ for a June 2015 wedding. Any advice is greatly appreciated! We'll have about 125 guests and would ideally prefer a Saturday night wedding with an outdoor ceremony. Budget has not yet been decided, but we are flexible.

-Liberty House
-Park Savoy Estate
-The Brownstone
-Pleasantdale Chateau

Open to any other suggestions, thanks!

Re: Best Northern NJ Venue June 2015 Wedding

• I'm getting married at Ravello. And we are having 125. They offer a lot and it's beautiful there. I get so excited being there.
  • I have been to weddings at Seasons and Floretine Gardens both were beautiful weddings with great grounds.  Also look at the Manor they hold your numbers for sure.
  • I only looked at the Brownstone on your list and they could do your size as they have a bunch of rooms with moving walls there and could probably accommodate any size. I don't know personally but I'd call and ask the other venues if they have a room for 125 for a June Saturday night. 

At the Westmount we got moved to 160 guests for March.  They would only do 125 in their smaller room in Nov - Feb. The Grove told us 125 guests was too small for them. I know you didn't ask about either but thought I'd give you my experience looking for a venue for 125 guests. 

The other venues I looked at in North Jersey were:
    The Atrium
    Highlawn Pavillion
    The Manor

PM me if you have any questions on those. 

• i'm getting married at il tulipano on a saturday in June 2015. for me it had all i was looking for: but they are now booked for dates in that month.
    most will be at this point so def start NOW.
  • I was married at the Brownstone.  We booked the venue 22 months out.  I'm not sure if they would have any dates, and if they do, you might have to be flexible with the time of day.

That said, we absolutely loved it!  We were very happy with our experience.  They worked with our budget and customized a menu to what we wanted instead of handing us a menu that we had to stick with.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just spoke to a coordinator from the Brownstone yesterday and he laughed when I said 130 guests even if it is for an off-season month of April. He said I'll have a hard time finding a venue who would want to spend the time on a small wedding like that. He was extremely rude. I suggest taking your money and business elsewhere. 
  • We booked the IL Villaggio in Carlstadt, NJ.  They are extremely accommodating and will work with your minimum. Ask for Patrick if you call.  :)
  • @chrissyf729‌ that's what happened when we went to the first venue we were at. He tried to get us move our wedding to a Tuesday night or move our wedding to January. He tried to tell us we would never find a place that would only do 1 wedding at a time because they were the only ones that did it. My venue does more than just weddings so they were happy with our 125 person wedding. And we are the only wedding on our day.
  • I'm getting married at The Park Savoy in April. I had to book them 16 months out. They only do one wedding at a time and have just bee renovated so everything is brand new with gorgeous antique furniture. My wedding is only 150 people on a Saturday night. They are definitely worth a look because the website doesn't do it justice. The back faces a golf course so it's like you're in your own fairy tale with no one else around. I don't know if June is available at this point but they are pretty flexible.
  • I just spoke to a coordinator from the Brownstone yesterday and he laughed when I said 130 guests even if it is for an off-season month of April. He said I'll have a hard time finding a venue who would want to spend the time on a small wedding like that. He was extremely rude. I suggest taking your money and business elsewhere. 
    Really?  I had my wedding on Friday night in April, granted it was also during Lent season, but Albert, one of the owners, gave us a minimum of 110.  We had 120.  
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I was surprised at the reaction I received from him. Now that you mention the name Albert, I just looked at my notes and yes, Albert was the one I spoke to. I base a lot of my decisions to even visit the venue based on the first call, similar to a phone interview for a new job. That's their first impression and if it's unprofessional and rude, it's a no go for me.
  • Look into the Tides in North Haledon. They are competitively priced and have 2 rooms. The smaller fits a max of 150, so I believe that could work for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards