Outdoor Weddings

Mailer Post Cards - Weather Forecast, Guest Attire, Venue Details... Tasteful or Tacky!?

edited October 2013 in Outdoor Weddings

Tasteful or Tacky to mail your guests weather forecast, appropriate/comfortable guest attire & venue location details... I need to better prepare my guests but struggling with the wording (especially on attire), any suggestions without coming across tacky?

People are not going to want to show up in heels or their best dress shoes. We are in dirt and on a cliff!

Re: Mailer Post Cards - Weather Forecast, Guest Attire, Venue Details... Tasteful or Tacky!?

• Tasteful or Tacky to mail your guests weather forecast, appropriate/comfortable guest attire & venue location details... I need to better prepare my guests but struggling with the wording (especially on attire), any suggestions without coming across tacky?

People are not going to want to show up in heels or their best dress shoes. We are in dirt and on a cliff!

It's always tacky to put attire info on an invitation unless the venue requires it (e.g. a country club). 

What you may consider is including an insert in your invitations that has your website listed on it. "For directions and information on our unique location, check out our website...." On your website, include the climate of the area for that time of year and that the location is "outdoors, 50 feet down a nature trail to the cliff" or something. If it's clear that the wedding is outside, most people will be smart enough to check the weather and dress appropriately. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks ladies! Let's say invites went out over a month ago... then how would you spread the word?
  • Thanks ladies! Let's say invites went out over a month ago... then how would you spread the word?
    On your website and via word of mouth. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Since you've done your official invites, if do you have it in your budget to send out a second mailer with some details, you could. I've never seen it done but you wouldn't be breaking any rules. A postcard sounds nice. Start with how excited you are to having them attend, go to the top couple of points about the venue/clothing, then close with "for more details check our website: link" And update the website with more details. 

Definitely don't mention the registry on that postcard (Not thinking you would as you didn't mention above, but just clarifying) 

I have also gotten emails from friends a few days in advance of their wedding with similar information. As a younger person, it's great to have an email on my phone so I can leave the invite on the fridge and still have the address handy. (And if was my bf, because he would have lost the invite to start with) 

Just be sure for those who may not use email/internet as much that word is spread through word of mouth. 
  • @graciegra‌ - as I reminded you in the thread below, please look at the date of the OP before posting. This thread is very old. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards