Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Ao Dai Seamstress in Philly

Hi knotties!

I'm from the DC area and am having a hard time finding a seamstress to make an Ao Dai (Vietnamese Dress) in the area. I've heard that there is a large Vietnamese community in the Philly area and was looking for recs on where to get an ao dai in Philly. I'd like to avoid buying one online. Thanks!

Re: Ao Dai Seamstress in Philly

• gal12gal12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Hi, yes, I had my ao dai done in Philly. She has a store near South street. She was really quick too - took her maybe a week to get it done. Then another week to get some minor fixes - since it's custom made. I brought my own material and she charged me $120 for labor work only. I can probably find her phone# for you, just PM me if you're interested.
  • Hi gal,
    Just sent you a PM!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_ao-dai-seamstress-in-philly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a1eed02b-3050-4661-b445-b75e340a2a91Post:1c90ccdc-0cd2-4975-9599-bb87e8dcc763">Re: Ao Dai Seamstress in Philly</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, yes, I had my ao dai done in Philly. She has a store near South street. She was really quick too - took her maybe a week to get it done. Then another week to get some minor fixes - since it's custom made. I brought my own material and she charged me $120 for labor work only. I can probably find her phone# for you, just PM me if you're interested.
    Posted by gal12[/QUOTE]

Hello! Could you please PM me her info as well? How was your experience with this tailor?
  • Hi could you send me her number and address too?

Thanks!
  • Hi - Could any of you ladies also send me the information.  Thanks!
  • If the info is still available, I'd love to get the contact for the seamstress in Philly too! Thanks!
  • Hi,

Could you post the info for the Philly ao dai maker? 

I found a lady in Manhattan's Chinatown that can make them, but for $380, plus fabric!

• tranxtrantranxtran member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    Hi!

I am having my wedding in August and would love if you can message me their phone numbers for the seamstress in Philly? I need to make 10 ao dai for my bridesmaids plus one for myself! thanks so much!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards