Budget Weddings Forum

Wedding on a Budget?

My fiancee and I are wanting to get married next October (2015), however we are finding it hard to find a place near us that provides what we want. 
We are in Southern California (about 1 1/2 from Bakersfield, 3 from Vegas), and want to find a place that has an Outdoor ceremony and provides an area for an Indoor reception with dance floor and spacious, and possibly has catering.
However, we are hitting a roadblock because we really cannot afford to spend 10k all together on the wedding. That's including the venue, photographer, food, music, decorations, cake, and suits/dresses. 

Anyone in this area know of a decently priced place near us? Willing to go about 4 hours away either way.

Re: Wedding on a Budget?

• My fiancee and I are wanting to get married next October (2015), however we are finding it hard to find a place near us that provides what we want. 
    We are in Southern California (about 1 1/2 from Bakersfield, 3 from Vegas), and want to find a place that has an Outdoor ceremony and provides an area for an Indoor reception with dance floor and spacious, and possibly has catering.
    However, we are hitting a roadblock because we really cannot afford to spend 10k all together on the wedding. That's including the venue, photographer, food, music, decorations, cake, and suits/dresses. 

Anyone in this area know of a decently priced place near us? Willing to go about 4 hours away either way.
    You will likely have better luck if you search on local boards. Because your travel radius is so broad, here's the list:

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-message-boards.aspx (select City).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I live in SoCal too. When I was looking for reception places (parents insisted on church ceremony and they're paying) I came across an affordable place. If' you're ok with going to LA County/Redondo Beach, try the Aryes Hotel/Matisse Catering. Packages are really good and I believe the ceremonies take place outside in their courtyard. I know receptions take place in the ballrooms. Other than that, try local parks. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiancee and I are wanting to get married next October (2015), however we are finding it hard to find a place near us that provides what we want. 

I live in Pismo Beach and my venue was $1200.   http://laperladelmarchapel.com/

I think you need to revise your wedding plans.  If you are on a tight budget, you should not be planning an evening wedding with dancing.  That is the most expensive kind of wedding, and should only be done my people who have deeper pockets.
    I suggest you plan a morning ceremony with a brunch reception.  That will cost about half of what a dinner receptions costs, and your guests will be well fed.  Sunday afternoon is a good time for this, especially if your ceremony is going to be at the venue.  Dancing is not required, and fewer people will dance in the afternoon, anyway.  Are you providing alcohol?  That can be cut, too.  At daughter's brunch reception, we served mimosas, bloody marys and sodas.  We paid for more sodas than anything else.
    If you look at more options, I think you will find a beautiful wedding is affordable.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We spent less than $4,000 on our wedding in Idyllwild, California and were able to have an evening wedding with dancing, outdoors. What we learned is that it's just about figuring out what we wanted to prioritize our spending on. We really wanted to ensure our guests were hosted well, so we prioritized making sure everyone had plenty of food, plenty of options for food, yummy desserts and a variety of drinks. Of course, we also wanted a venue that could host our closest friends and family. Everything past that was extra for us. Do you have an exact budget? Once you have that nailed down, it is so much easier to plan.

Oak Glen is beautiful in October, and there are a few different venues to choose from, depending on what you're looking for. We almost went with them, but went with Idyllwild because it's near where we first met.

Here's the link: http://www.oakglen.net/wedding.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards