New Hampshire

Winter Wedding Venues White Mountains/Maine (cross posted in Maine boards)

mitzyacmitzyac member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2014 in New Hampshire
My fiance and I are recently engaged and planning a winter wedding Dec '15-Jan '16.
We both love the snow and have been looking in the North Conway/White Mountains/Sunday River, ME areas

We want to stay away from hotel ballroom and country clubs but a lot of rustic/barn venues aren't heated and close in October. Our budget is $10-15k so venues that are BYOB  or who's site fees include lodging are a huge bonus. We'll be doing LOTS of DIY to keep costs down (invitations, centerpieces, decorations, etc). We really want to have a big party/ski weekend with our favorite people. Guest list will be 100, tops, hopefully closer to 80.

A few places we're considering so far are:
Whitney's Inn, Jackson, NH
Glen House or Skiesta House, Newry, ME
Hardy Farm, Fryeburg, ME
Stone Mountain Arts Center, Brownfield, ME

Does anyone have personal experience planning a winter wedding at one of these venues, or any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Re: Winter Wedding Venues White Mountains/Maine (cross posted in Maine boards)

• Once we decided on a relatively small celebration (~60 guests) we chose Stonehurst Manor for our winter wedding in N.Conway.  The prices are very reasonable if you opt for an afternoon (12-5pm) wedding.  We wanted one place for the ceremony, reception and where the majority of the guests could stay.  My only concern with renting an arts center or other civic location and bringing in caterers, etc. is that if there happens to be a serious snowstorm it may be difficult for your vendors and guests to get around.

We also considered some rustic locations with barns such as Whitney's Inn in Jackson, but at that place there's a minimum # of guests :: 75 I think? and you're responsible for booking the entire inn's guest rooms.

So far I've had good experience working with Peter and Heidi at Stonehurst but we haven't gotten into menus and other details yet.  I'll keep you posted.

We're also going skiing with friends during the wedding weekend :)

Good luck!
  • Sounds wonderful…. who did you use for wedding flowers at this location/area?
  • vikinganna87vikinganna87 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
  • As for flowers, we're using Dutch Bloemen Winkel in Jackson NH.  I believe the flower shop recently won a Best of NH award.
  • This post was very helpful :)
  • I'm not sure of their rates/availability but the Christmas Farm Inn in Jackson is beautiful as well and the food there is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards