Chit Chat

Major case of the Mondays

I've been bald since the end of June. However, when I showered this morning, I went through the complete motion of washing my hair. I always shampoo it (I switched to baby shampoo when my hair started falling out), but today I put conditioner in there. Yep- a big handful of my expensive Pureology conditioner on a bald head. 

Anyone else do something silly today?

Re: Major case of the Mondays

• 1st - LOVE Purology! I don't color my hair, but I don't care - it's the shiznit. 

2nd - I looked EVERYWHERE for my keys this morning. Like running around the house, panic mode asking DH to help me look for them. They were in my hand. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I have a sinus infection and am at the doctor right now. I don't even want a mirror to see how horrible I look.
  • This is a different kind of silly as it was intentional. But I got the new iPhone 6, and I am in love with the camera - it has a time lapse feature. SO I filmed my walk to the cafeteria lol. I had to stop as I waited for the elevator though, because some girl was coming and I didn't want her thinking I was a weirdo filming the elevator ride.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• If it makes you guys feel any better, my mom once had what I can only characterize as just short of a mental breakdown about misplacing her phone once, while she was on the phone with me. It was against her face.

I started to drive home after a 14-hour night shift from hell once and only mildly panicked about leaving my keys at work. (They were in the ignition.)

Another fun thing about my mom. She apparently forgot what words mean just a few minutes ago. She and I were checking out the menu of a very fancy restaurant they're going to have a business dinner at, and she became affronted by the idea that the place would hace "Cheesecake Eggrolls", and then asked "Why the hell do they have a picture of a lemon wedge on their menu?"

It was cheesesteak eggrolls and a lettuce wedge.

She and I are both having a day.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I just tripped into my office. Like fell flat on my face and mooned my coworker. Yep, Monday.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited September 2014
    I had a small panic attack this morning when I couldn't find my car keys. I thought maybe I had left them in the console of H's car. He had already left the house an hour prior to this and was on his way to the UN. Then I get on the highway and my tire pressure light came on. I drove all the way to work barely doing the speed limit and hogging up the right lane. Thankfully when I got to work someone checked it out for me and all is well. H said he would take care of it when he got home but who knows when that will be. I go to walk over to our cafeteria for lunch and realize I don't have my wallet. I left that in the console of H's car. One of my coworkers offered to cover me but I found H's emergency CC in my bag and used that instead. So far all "crisis" averted. But I'm just over this day already. I can't wait to go home and see the pup, my hubby and watch some Orange is the New Black until the Jets come on MNF. ETA: for paragraphs that aren't working...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ...not my mistake (I don't think...) but Bossman scheduled an appointment with a client for 1:30 today. However, Bossman is out of the office today. She called asking for directions and then hung up on me when I told her that Bossman wasn't in the office today.

I'm REALLY glad he scheduled that appointment and not me. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • beethery said:
    If it makes you guys feel any better, my mom once had what I can only characterize as just short of a mental breakdown about misplacing her phone once, while she was on the phone with me. It was against her face.

I started to drive home after a 14-hour night shift from hell once and only mildly panicked about leaving my keys at work. (They were in the ignition.)

Another fun thing about my mom. She apparently forgot what words mean just a few minutes ago. She and I were checking out the menu of a very fancy restaurant they're going to have a business dinner at, and she became affronted by the idea that the place would hace "Cheesecake Eggrolls", and then asked "Why the hell do they have a picture of a lemon wedge on their menu?"

It was cheesesteak eggrolls and a lettuce wedge.

She and I are both having a day.

SITB:
    I completely understand your mom and the phone.

When FI and I were still LD I had gone out drinking with my friends. We went back to one's house and to keep me out of trouble, they dialed FI and put me in a recliner with my feet up so I had to stay still. While I was talking to him, I decided I needed my phone and I started looking for it. I was in a panic and had one of my friends looking at the same time. FI is dying laughing and I was getting pissed that he thought it was so funny. In my mind I was thinking that I would lose contact since that was our main form of communication! He finally stopped laughing long enough to ask me how I was able to hear his voice. I replied that he was just in my head. (I had a ton to drink that night!) 

We still laugh about that.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I keep knocking my knees on the underside of the desk at my work.  I know the bar is there, but I still keep hitting it, often at full speed.  It really hurts because one of my knees already has a deep bruise on the kneecap from ramming it into one of the steel bars on the train two days ago. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Not today, but one day last week I tried putting face moisturizer on my pits and deodorant on my face. Needless to say, it was a long day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yesterday I put water on to boil for some pasta and I turned the wrong burner on and burned a dish towel.
  • I got up early so I could pull together a crockpot full of chili for dinner tonight. We're going to have random people coming/going all evening so I thought it would be perfect.

FI texts me a few hours later saying that I did a few stupid things:

1. I forgot to start the crockpot
    2. I took his keys in addition to my own (fortunately we have spares)
    3. My lunch was on the kitchen counter
    4. I left my wet towel on the bed (I find the idea of wet stuff on the bed incredibly gross)

I drove to work in flipflops because I couldn't find non-sneakers and figured that I had a pair of heels at my desk. The heels that I wore home from work the last time I was in the office. So my toes have been frozen solid all day. (Fortunately, flipflops are ok in this office.)
  • Not me, but DH. I sent him grocery shopping yesterday and he couldn't find lettuce. He said he looked in all the refrigerated cases and didn't see any. I asked him if he happened to notice the produce section on his way in. He said yes, but that he didn't look there because he didn't think lettuce would be with the fruits and veggies.

Anniversary
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    DH has been begging for a new phone. Our contract is up in Oct.   I told him we would go to the store and what our options were.   Even though my phone is almost 2 years I had no desire to get a new one right now. None, I like my Galaxy 3S.  See no need to get a new one for the sake of getting a new one.

Today I woke up.  Phone dead. Not taking a charge. Not turning on with it plugged in.   Took it apart, swap out the battery. Rebooted. Nothing.  Really?  Seriously.  So we went to the store, I ended up with a new Galaxy 5 Active.  DH ordered his Iphone6 be delivered in 7 days.

ETA  - HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE.   Neighbors are being evicted !!!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • cwradford said:
    I keep knocking my knees on the underside of the desk at my work.  I know the bar is there, but I still keep hitting it, often at full speed.  It really hurts because one of my knees already has a deep bruise on the kneecap from ramming it into one of the steel bars on the train two days ago. 
    It might be hard since summer is over, but see if you can find a pool noodle. Then you can cut it open and use it to cover the bar, so if you bump your knees there will be padding.
    eyeroll
  • I totally roid raged this afternoon over a medical question. I am now all fired up and am being a pita for no reason. It took every ounce of energy I had to respond somewhat kindly to a post on the DW board. I don't want my rage to get me dethroned as a mod!

• Inkdancer said:

cwradford said:

I keep knocking my knees on the underside of the desk at my work.  I know the bar is there, but I still keep hitting it, often at full speed.  It really hurts because one of my knees already has a deep bruise on the kneecap from ramming it into one of the steel bars on the train two days ago. 

It might be hard since summer is over, but see if you can find a pool noodle. Then you can cut it open and use it to cover the bar, so if you bump your knees there will be padding.

I'l definitely look into doing that.... I'm clumsy as hell, and yet have never found a way to make clumsy hurt less.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I totally roid raged this afternoon over a medical question. I am now all fired up and am being a pita for no reason. It took every ounce of energy I had to respond somewhat kindly to a post on the DW board. I don't want my rage to get me dethroned as a mod!
    I saw that one.  What really got me was the "we're a lesbian couple, so most etiquette doesn't apply to us anyway".   That's a new one for me.  I thought you held back nicely.  :)

My work day sucked, but I've started a ballet class Mon nights, and I've really been enjoying it so far.  I think it's turning into my de-stress night, kinda like a yoga class or similar.  

I saw that one.  What really got me was the "we're a lesbian couple, so most etiquette doesn't apply to us anyway".   That's a new one for me.  I thought you held back nicely.  :)

My work day sucked, but I've started a ballet class Mon nights, and I've really been enjoying it so far.  I think it's turning into my de-stress night, kinda like a yoga class or similar.  

Totally envious about your ballet class!! I tried to find an adult class around here, but there was nothing.

• I told someone the time instead of their total today.

*Ringing up customer* "And your total is 2:47. Er...I mean, your total is $48.27."
  • I somehow sent an e-mail to myself when I meant to respond to the other person. It was a blessing in disguise since I had mentioned an attachment I had forgotten to attach!
  • Totally envious about your ballet class!! I tried to find an adult class around here, but there was nothing.
    We have a couple, but not many.  I was a little nervous about it cos this one goes from Sept to June and the only reason I can quit and stop paying monthly is if a Dr. says I'm too injured to continue, so I'm very happy I like it so far.  

• I told someone the time instead of their total today.

*Ringing up customer* "And your total is 2:47. Er...I mean, your total is $48.27."
    I can't count the number of times I did that as a cashier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards