New Jersey

Mitch the Minister

We have a consultation coming up with him.  I know he is often recommended on these boards.  But I have an awkward question.  When he called me, I actually thought he sounded kind of... drunk.  He sounded slightly slurred, rambling a bit, and wished me a nice weekend even though it was the middle of the workweek.  

I might just be oversensitive to these things.  We are going ahead with the consultation and will decide based on our in-person meeting.  Has anybody used his services recently and can give a review?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Mitch the Minister

• I've not used him, but have attended no less than THREE weddings where he was the officient.  I can imagine how he may come across that way over the phone.  I can also imagine that he as a drink or two.  But in no way could I have ever thought of him as even a bit drunk for any of those ceremonies.  If you like his style (which we love but it's not for everyone), don't let your initial impression hold you back.
  • Thanks @Gordo2014, that's really helpful.  Hopefully we like him in person!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2014
    We used Mitch for our wedding. We were pleased with our initial consult with him and with our ceremony. He does have a speech pattern that sounds kind of slurred, but it didn't seem to come out during our ceremony. So many of our guests loved the "personal touches" that he added. He is good at what he does. 

My number one issue with him was his lack of communication, which made me incredibly uneasy. I would email him, get a response, reply back, and then not hear back from him for weeks. I was a little concerned that he might forget or be double booked, but he did show up to our wedding (and early). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @silver0319 Thanks.  Maybe that's just his voice and the "have a good weekend" was just him being a bit absent-minded (I've done it too).  Yeah, lack of communication would definitely be a concern for me.

We actually have two officiant meetings on the same day (the other is with Richard Cash) so hopefully we will be in a good place at the end of the day to compare them both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Good luck with your meetings! Worst case scenario, I can get DH ordained and have him perform a geek wedding for you.
    ~*~*~*~*~

•  I met with him on Sunday. Very nice man, my fiance said the same thing that he thought he seemed drunk. But we concluded that we thought he was just tired, he came from a wedding and told us he was back to back booked all weekend. He is very friendly and down to earth. We are planning on booking him. 

If you would like any more info, feel free to PM me. 
  • @JCbride2015‌ we met with Richard Cash too. He was incredibly nice and very detailed. Be prepared for two very different meetings!  Richard was great, but Mitch was a better match for us personality wise.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have been to weddings where Mitch has officiated and he would not be my choice for an officiant. I found him to be a bit over bearing and there were multiple occassions during both ceremonies where there were very long drawn out pauses in te middle of sentences that unnecessary and a bit uncomfortable. Just my opinion but to Le he took the focus off of the bride and groom and pontes it towards himself which just turned me off.
  • I met with Mitch and he was horrible! Do not waste your time! His appearance and papers he shows you are disheveled and sloppy and he'll talk about his costs within the first 5 minutes of meeting you. He didn't really seem to care about the ceremony as much as his paycheck. 

We ended up going with Richard Cash. He is amazing and everything Mitch isn't. He is organized, caring, and sweet. You'd think you've known him forever. He sat with my fiance and I and just talked to us for over an hour. Gave us a bunch of ideas for the sermon, whereas Mitch only gave us two (religious and non religious). Richard didn't even mention money  until we asked him costs. It was like he was more concerned with us over anything.  He'll also add personal touches and anything you want. He is super organized and great at communicating with you and staying on top of things. I couldn't have ask for a better reverend. :) 
  • I am so glad I found this post!  I have left two messages for Mitch, and an email over the course of two weeks... and I am still waiting to hear back.  Maybe I'll check out Richard Cash- haven't heard of him until now.

Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards