Connecticut

Open Bar or Limited Bar

We are paying for most of the wedding ourselves.  With that being said, we are trying to figure out what type of bar to have.  I refuse to have a cash bar but I feel like a limited bar, where we pay for wine, beer and a signature drink is enough.  My fiance says it is cheesey to only offer that and that we have to pay for an open bar.  We aren't on a super tight budget but I don't feel like I need to provide everything under the sun to drink.  Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Open Bar or Limited Bar

• I think that providing beer, wine, a signature drink, and non-alcoholic beverages (soda, water, coffee, etc) is perfectly fine.

What I don't like is when those drinks are provided, and then the rest is cash bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beer, wine, signature drink and soft drinks are perfectly fine. I agree with @Mandafly84, if you're going to have just those drinks then limit it to that and don't have a cash option. A full open bar is nice but not a necessity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Could you make the bar options a bit broader but still limited? Adding vodka, gin, whiskey and rum are just four types of alcohol that create a ton of mixed drink options along with a 'neat' or 'on the rocks' option as well. If that breaks the bank then I agree to limit it to beer , wine and a signature drink.
  • At our venue we were able to have a full bar and put a cap down of $2000 and when that ran out it would switch to cash.. With about 90 adults we did not hit the cap between both the cocktail hour and the reception.
  • Thank you EVERYONE...We are providing beer, wine and vodka... We will have a sign that says Vodka, with cranberry, with tonic, with seltzer,  with oj and neat.....and then our sign will say "trust me, you can dance,  -Vodka"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards