New Jersey
Options

Flower question

How much are you paying for flowers?  I really have no idea how much to set my budget at for this.  My wedding is for approximately 250 people at Florentine Gardens….not too many bridesmaids maybe two pieces for the church…..was hoping to spend less than 10K….is this possible?  I am just starting to meet with florists so wanted a better idea before I made my appointments.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Re: Flower question

• Options
    It really depends what you want and what type of flowers. We did non-floral centerpieces so our flowers consisted of only bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and 2 ceremony arrangements. We spent less than $1K. So yes, under 10K is totally doable but tell us what type of flowers you want, what kind of centerpieces, etc. and then we might be able to help more.
  • Options
    It will depend on the type of flowers.  We had two pieces for the church and flowers and tulle on the pews.  I had 4 BM 1 FG, my bouquet,  3 corsages for mothers and grandmothers, 8 bouts( 4GM, 1 RB 2 dads and the groom) We had about 15 centerpieces (low), we did buy our own vases for the centerpieces.  We also had our cake decorated with cascade of roses and peonies.  Most of the flowers were a combination of roses, peonies and a little bit of hydrangea in the centerpieces.  I think we spent about $5k

Anniversary

• Options
    you can def. spend less than $10. Did you want flowers or props? Props like candelabras or those floating candles with a submerged orchid will keep your cost lower. Also if you have 2 or more types of centerpieces you can lower your cost as well. If you want 1 high and 1 low your cost can be half. I would keep your ceremony cost below $1k and your room cost within your budget. Depending on how many personal flowers you want you can lower your cost too.
  • Options
    amalanceamalance member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    We're spending about $1400 on flowers: 2 bouquets, 4 corsages, 4 bouts, ceremony flowers, my bouquet, and 12 low centerpieces for the reception. We're also using our ceremony flowers for our sweetheart table and for the table with our guestbook/gifts.

One way that I think cost is staying down is that I don't care about specific types of flowers - I care more about the colors.
  • Options
    We are spending $3,900 and that includes my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 3 corsages for our mothers and step mother, 9 bouts for the groomsman, dads, ushers and ring bearer, flower girl pomander, chuppah and 20 pew bows/flowers for the ceremony and 7 low and 6 high centerpieces for the reception.
  • Options
    Hi Jenn,

What florist did you use?
  • Options
    We are using Avenue Florist in Elizabthe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards