Chit Chat

It's raining. What are your favorite rain & snow boots?

Tell me about your fave rain boots or snow boots.

Re: It's raining. What are your favorite rain & snow boots?

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/43281?feat=506700-GN3&page=women-s-bean-boots-by-l-l-bean-reg-10-quot-shearling-lined

I used to live in a place with real winter. We would always be colder than Moscow and anywhere in sweden. Then I moved south so I probably can put these away. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have a pair of Sorels that I use in the winter. They are awesome. 
  • esstee33 said:

I have these ones! I have to admit though, I haven't worn them yet!image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have these: http://www.rei.com/product/836771/merrell-snowbound-mid-waterproof-winter-boots-womens  for the Boston winters. I am going to be honest, it took a while for them to be broken into. They killed my feet during that process. Now, they are comfortable and warm.

• I have tall Uggs that I bought in 2006 that are still going strong for winter. They need to be retreated for moisture but they're comfy and my feet stayed warm and dry after a long day in sleety NYC.

• Sorel and Merrell are the best snow boots for sure. I'll have to check what brand my rain boots are when I get home because I don't recommend them - they cracked where the toe bends. 

• I have some bubblegum pink Ilse Jacobsen rain boots that are nice, but I REALLY want the hot pink Hunter ones.

• I have a pair of teal Hunters. They are kind of $$ but worth it.
  • luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014

In the snow, I usually wear a pair of zip front Sorels that I have had for years so I can't even find a pic of them. 

I also have these Kamik Brooklyn boots, not sure if I've worn them yet either.image

In between snow and rain, I have these LL Bean Storm Chaser boots.image

I also have a pair for LL Bean 10 inch hunting boots in brown without the shearling lining.image

And these hiking boots for when I have to work outside.image

I'm probably forgetting some others, including my Ugg collection that I hardly ever wear outside.

ETA: I have wide feet, so my options aren't limitless, and I would fit better in a men's boot, but it's harder to find them that small. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited September 2014
    I have a pair of Sorels that I use in the winter. They are awesome. 
    I want a pair!  I think those will be my next winter boot purchase.

Currently I use these and they worked wonders during that damn Polar Vortex:
    http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/71416-001.html

ETA: I want these next: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sorel-joan-of-arctic-boot/3640684?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=sorel_'joan_of_arctic'_boot:198356_9&cm_pla=shoes:women:boots&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr:referralID=e75090c5-44c3-11e4-86f3-001b2166becc&origin=pla

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• People actually wear rain boots? Sorry, I'm from MA and I've like never seen them. My mom never owned any, my best friends and I never owned any. You just wear normal shoes/ sneakers, carry an umbrella, and avoid deep puddles.

Snow boots, I have Kumba, rubber outters and fur inners. And when shoveling my driveway I wear my Vans snowboarding boots (and my goggles, I don't fuck around when it comes to shoveling hahah).

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

Hunter Boots. When it gets colder I add the inserts.      Worth every penny.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • jenna8984 said:

People actually wear rain boots? Sorry, I'm from MA and I've like never seen them. My mom never owned any, my best friends and I never owned any. You just wear normal shoes/ sneakers, carry an umbrella, and avoid deep puddles.

Snow boots, I have Kumba, rubber outters and fur inners. And when shoveling my driveway I wear my Vans snowboarding boots (and my goggles, I don't fuck around when it comes to shoveling hahah).

Oh yes. And I jump in all the puddles! They're good for playing in the snow too, with the fleece liners.

• I have black Hunter rain boots which I love. We very rarely get real winter here, but when we do I wear inserts with them. I really want to get a pair in red but I can't justify spending the money on a second pair of Hunter rain boots.

Anniversary
  • Sorel and Merrell are the best snow boots for sure. I'll have to check what brand my rain boots are when I get home because I don't recommend them - they cracked where the toe bends. 
    FI only owns merrell shoes. They are pretty awesome too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jenna8984 said:

People actually wear rain boots? Sorry, I'm from MA and I've like never seen them. My mom never owned any, my best friends and I never owned any. You just wear normal shoes/ sneakers, carry an umbrella, and avoid deep puddles.

I go hiking in a place that has a ton of water to walk through, so I wear my rain boots a lot when I'm there in the spring and the water is higher. If we get a TON of rain and there's lots of puddles, I'll wear my rain boots instead of normal shoes, too, but usually I just use them for that one place.

I also like to wear thick, warm socks under them and wear them in the winter sometimes. I also have a pair of waterproof, very warm actual snow boots, but I like options and sometimes I just like seeing the bright yellow of my boots against the snow. 
  • I have black Hunter rain boots which I love. We very rarely get real winter here, but when we do I wear inserts with them. I really want to get a pair in red but I can't justify spending the money on a second pair of Hunter rain boots.
    Now that I live in CO, I'm getting a new pair.  Not sure the color yet, but another pair with a new insert is coming my way.    

From Thanksgiving to April I wore them pretty much everyday.  First it was rainy and snowy in IN, then spring is kind-of wet here in CO.    They are easy to slip on and off when taking out the dogs.  They fold so it doesn't take up much space.  

Love them.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I have black Hunter rain boots which I love. We very rarely get real winter here, but when we do I wear inserts with them. I really want to get a pair in red but I can't justify spending the money on a second pair of Hunter rain boots.
    Now that I live in CO, I'm getting a new pair.  Not sure the color yet, but another pair with a new insert is coming my way.    

From Thanksgiving to April I wore them pretty much everyday.  First it was rainy and snowy in IN, then spring is kind-of wet here in CO.    They are easy to slip on and off when taking out the dogs.  They fold so it doesn't take up much space.  

Love them.
    I wear mine a lot- I have the tall ones but I think I want a pair of the short ones.
  • I also have Hunter boots.  Before I bought my Hunters I went through several pairs of cheapie rain boots that cracked and let water in, so I spent the $$$ and it was so worth it.  Mine are navy.

I have big calves though, so I had to get the expandable style to fit my jeans in there, and I'm not sure they would work with the welly socks.  Like this:

In the winter I have two pairs of Sorels.  They are the best thing ever to happen to winter in NYC as far as I'm concerned.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I also have Hunter boots.  Before I bought my Hunters I went through several pairs of cheapie rain boots that cracked and let water in, so I spent the $$$ and it was so worth it.  Mine are navy.

I have big calves though, so I had to get the expandable style to fit my jeans in there, and I'm not sure they would work with the welly socks.  Like this:

In the winter I have two pairs of Sorels.  They are the best thing ever to happen to winter in NYC as far as I'm concerned.

I'm getting a pair of those wellies, and I have that second pair of sorels too, GOOD TAAAASTE.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I also have Hunter boots.  Before I bought my Hunters I went through several pairs of cheapie rain boots that cracked and let water in, so I spent the $$$ and it was so worth it.  Mine are navy.

I'm getting a pair of those wellies, and I have that second pair of sorels too, GOOD TAAAASTE.
    I've actually gotten asked by people on the subway whether it's going to snow when I'm wearing that second pair of Sorels.  I did once wear them when snow was in the forecast but it didn't actually snow, and I got some weird looks.  They are SERIOUS boots.  But they are so warm.  My only regret is not splurging on the taller ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I want these Sorels sooooo baaaaaad...

•  
    I also have Hunter boots.  Before I bought my Hunters I went through several pairs of cheapie rain boots that cracked and let water in, so I spent the $$$ and it was so worth it.  Mine are navy.

I have a pair of the Sorel Caribou too. I only wear them in deep snow since they are pretty heavy to walk around in. But they keep my feet dry and toasty warm.
  • alucky23 said:

In the snow, I usually wear a pair of zip front Sorels that I have had for years so I can't even find a pic of them. 

I also have these Kamik Brooklyn boots, not sure if I've worn them yet either.image

In between snow and rain, I have these LL Bean Storm Chaser boots.image

I also have a pair for LL Bean 10 inch hunting boots in brown without the shearling lining.image

And these hiking boots for when I have to work outside.image

I'm probably forgetting some others, including my Ugg collection that I hardly ever wear outside.

ETA: I have wide feet, so my options aren't limitless, and I would fit better in a men's boot, but it's harder to find them that small. 

I have the Kamiks and love them. They're remarkably comfy and don't leak. I bought them online during a snowstorm when I discovered that one of my old Merrells sprung a leak.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My rain boots look like this:
    And my winter boots are more about warmth, water proof, anti-slip/good grip on the sole, and comfort without being too ugly.  I spent a lot of money (to me) on them since I work outside and have realized that for me, the cost is worth it.  So these look kind of like them:
  • I have some Adidas snow boots (we can get away with form over function in southern BC). I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn them in BC. The only time my hardcore winter gear gets any use is when we visit FI's family.

• I live in CA I don't have weather. Its finally raining here today and my rain boots" are a pair of knee high black coach boots. I justify it that the heels let me walk through puddles without actually touching the water.

• I love living in the South where I don't need this stuff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards