Chit Chat

Well Saturday's shot...

edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
So I had all these glorious plans for today. Chili, football, washing the dog (@steph11814, does your Bichon get stinky really really ridiculously fast? Because mine does and I think it's cus she actually sweats like a people), being a productive member of my household and society in general.

What did I end up doing? 

Feeling like crap, sleeping in my mom's bed for four hours because she has an en-suite bathroom, and regretting everything I've eaten for the past two days. I'm going to get a glass of water and turn on Hocus Pocus and hope I don't go to sleep again while I'm watching it. I'm too tired to watch football, even though we're playing a Super Cupcake since no self-respecting SEC team wants to lose homecoming.

Ugh.

How's everyone else's Saturday going? I know KASmith, Cupcait, and ClimbingBrideNY are busy getting married, and Aray82 was having a shower and bachelorette, congrats ladies, but what's everyone else up to?

Edited because no self-respecting football team anywhere wants to lose homecoming, I imagine.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Well Saturday's shot...

• I am doing my nails and watching TV. I'm extremely tired, and I think I'm in a sugar crash after a bunch of candy I ate earlier.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm kind of vegging and waiting for UFC to start; the Fight Pass prelims start at 7:00.  I think I might remove the current polish on my toenails and redo them tonight, too.  I admit, I am also thinking about what to eat later on, cookies and milk or ice cream.  Decisions, decisions.
  • I just woke up from a nap. Waiting for the nurse to come weigh me and take my vitals. I imagine I'll either watch football this evening or Hocus Pocus if it's on again tonight. I'm limited to a few channels in my room, so if TV sucks, I'll just go to bed early.

• CaitTDid, I hope you feel better!  Jells, hope your treatment is going okay!

We fell asleep last night watching Hocus Pocus.  Best ever.

Today we had a florist meeting and figured out our apartment situation.  Then Fi handed me his debit card and told me to get a manicure for my bday!  That man knows how to treat me.  Later tonight we're going into NYC for dinner and some weird theater-- Sleep No More.  Should be fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• edited September 2014
    Aww, Jells. If you got it last night, you might get it later. Naps are always nice though. You're done, though, right, after this one?

Smichek, I hope your FI feels better. :( Maybe a nice lazy afternoon will be good for him.

Doey and Addie, y'all's afternoons sound great. Except for the sugar crash. 

JC, nope. Falling asleep to Hocus Pocus will give me nightmares. (I'm a huge, fat, feathery chicken, haha.) But YAY for new apartments, good florist appointments, and manicures! 

ETA My dad is going to get me peanut butter, bananas, and bread. I think I'll be much better when he gets back, haha.
  • Ugh. Feel better. Food poisoning (sounds like it) is the worst.

I spent the day working on this knitting project. My hands have now cramped up and I'm bugged eyed. I'm not half done, but I'm cutting out some rows of pattern to make it smaller, so hopefully I can finish this tomorrow. We'll see. A friends anniversary party tonight, so we're going karaoking at their house. Woo!!

• Went to the gym, then went to visit our kitty at the shelter. Took a nap, had a horrible nightmare, and woke up feeling grouchy.

Hoping H will make dinner soon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I hope those under the weather feel better!

DS didn't fall asleep until after midnight and then feed every 3 hours. DD was up before 8 but played and let me doze until 10 ish. I love this little man but I hate the sleep deprivation phase of motherhood! I measure accomplishments now as little things: did I get to blow dry my hair AND Swiffer the floor? That's huge!
  • I'm still feeling ache-y. I'm starting to wonder if this is a sinus infection or another virus? I've been on antibiotics since Monday. We are having dinner with some friends, and I hope that takes my mind of feeling like crap for a few minutes.
  • Arg Hocus Pocus is not on again tonight. So, football it is!

• I'm hungover and laying around the house while H is at a bachelor party. He's the only married one and apparently getting lots of shit because his wife called him because our washing wasn't working. I might watch a lame chick flick because that's what I do when H isn't home. Even though I never like them. Getting up early to go to the bears game tomorrow so I'll probably go to bed early.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Got the remaining laundry done, called my mom to wish her happy birthday, cleaned up kitchen, living room, and dining room, ran two loads through the dishwasher, and watched football with DH. He also grilled steaks, and I over cooked the broccoli. Went by the bank and food store, now reviewing DH's paper for class and making suggestions.

I've class tomorrow night, but not too worried- going into the Final with an A thus far. Probably going to be disgusting and do the extra credit assignment, then do the second option/prompt (EC is an essay) for funsies, because the final will be 4 essays similar to the two paper assignments we've done thus far and the EC. Practice, right?

Major purchase of the weekend: a Vitamix.

Once all the writing/reviewing is done, I'm gonna paint I think...or just go to bed.

Guilty pleasure starting tomorrow night: Once is back on ABC!! I admit it, it's cheesy/campy, but I like seeing reinterpretations of old tales, such as Snow being a bad ass, Belle not putting up with anyone's crap, and Rumple being a scene thief :-)
  • We're drinking a bottle of wine out of the case we got on our anniversary trip and I'm trying to figure out what we're getting DH's sister for her wedding next weekend.
  • steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    So I had all these glorious plans for today. Chili, football, washing the dog (@steph11814, does your Bichon get stinky really really ridiculously fast? Because mine does and I think it's cus she actually sweats like a people), being a productive member of my household and society in general.

What did I end up doing? 

Feeling like crap, sleeping in my mom's bed for four hours because she has an en-suite bathroom, and regretting everything I've eaten for the past two days. I'm going to get a glass of water and turn on Hocus Pocus and hope I don't go to sleep again while I'm watching it. I'm too tired to watch football, even though we're playing a Super Cupcake since no self-respecting SEC team wants to lose homecoming.

Ugh.

How's everyone else's Saturday going? I know KASmith, Cupcait, and ClimbingBrideNY are busy getting married, and Aray82 was having a shower and bachelorette, congrats ladies, but what's everyone else up to?

Edited because no self-respecting football team anywhere wants to lose homecoming, I imagine.
    It's mostly her ears that stink. She gets yeast infections in them and it's hard to get the drops all the way in her ears. If she hears the word "drops" she'll go hide.

We had our housewarming today and we have way too many cookies and cupcakes left over. Don't these people know I have a wedding dress to fit into in under a month and a half?! :P

• OMG the pain meds are getting to me. I see Hocus Pocus and my life is now complete. For some reason I thought it was on ABC Family and not Lifetime. 

• So I had all these glorious plans for today. Chili, football, washing the dog (@steph11814, does your Bichon get stinky really really ridiculously fast? Because mine does and I think it's cus she actually sweats like a people), being a productive member of my household and society in general.

What did I end up doing? 

Ugh.

It's mostly her ears that stink. She gets yeast infections in them and it's hard to get the drops all the way in her ears. If she hears the word "drops" she'll go hide.

We had our housewarming today and we have way too many cookies and cupcakes left over. Don't these people know I have a wedding dress to fit into in under a month and a half?! :P
    I'm already fat from the prednisone, so you can send those cupcakes to me :)

• I have barely left the couch. Please refer to my thread about the AWFUL, AWFUL virus I got from my darling little niece. I was supposed to go out for a birthday last night and had plans to exercise, clean the apartment, do laundry, and go to DSW today. Instead, I have been on the couch literally all day long- actually since about 3:30pm yesterday. The only thing I can get up for is to pee (also, how's this for crap- I GOT MY PERIOD YESTERDAY) and get more water. I was in so much pain earlier I was literally in tears. I can't even cook because my hands hurt too badly to use. H has been great taking care of me, but this virus is spread through bodily fluids and I DO NOT want him to get it. He actually had to take the cap off my chapstick for me earlier- my hands are that bad. He is at his cousin's wedding tonight with the rest of his family. I was really looking forward to going, but since I can't, you know, WALK, I am at home watching Hocus Pocus and playing Candy Crush. Y'all, I have got to leave this apartment tomorrow before I lose my mind.
  • Yeah, WinstonsGirl, this is my first real bout with it. I am decidedly not a fan. I am super impressed with your knitting though! I never could work the two needle thing. I can crochet, so long as it's a scarf. I think I might try and get a bunch of different colors and make 4x4 squares and make a blanket though. As long as it's straight normal single/double stitch, I'm good, haha!

InkDancer I am SO EXCITED for your kitty. Like, silly excited. I would not be as patient about waiting as you are though. 

Banana, the baby sleep cycle is one of the things I'm not looking forward to, haha. I'm glad everyone's doing well though!

SarahBear, I'm sorry you're still feeling icky. Usually antibiotics knock it out okay for me, but I do feel kind of gross for a while on them. Maybe that's it?

Jells - FOOTBALLLLL! Who are you gonna watch?

ShesSoCold, your poor H made me laugh. Of course he's getting shit, haha... at least soon he won't be the only one any more!

Chipmunk. Send me your Vitamix. I'll break it in for you. I'll probably get stuck reviewing something for my dad here soon - he's a fan of pretending I know what I'm doing, haha. Sounds like you've got a lot going on though. At least your final is close!

APD, I vote wine. Always wine. :D (Unless they're underage. That becomes less of a good idea if they're underage.)

I try to keep an eye on her ears so usually they don't get too bad, thankfully, Steph. She just has to be bathed once a week or she's almost unsnuggleable. I'll have to go tomorrow; she is too lovey to be unsnuggleable, haha. Yay for housewarmings! Boo for too many sweets.
  • @CaitTDID23- I had the ND/Syracuse game on. if i was home, I'd have the Nebraska game on. DH is a hard core Husker. 

• @CaitTDID23- I had the ND/Syracuse game on. if i was home, I'd have the Nebraska game on. DH is a hard core Husker. 
    Fun stuff. Can you explain the "Big Red" thing? 

Sarahufl, I SAW THAT it sounds AWFUL. I've never worked with really young kids, so I'd never really known what it was before although I had heard of it. Maybe you can get out and ramble for a little while tomorrow. Ugh. Also - Aunt Flo and being sick is never fun, but with hurting hands it's got to be the absolute worse.
    Fun stuff. Can you explain the "Big Red" thing? 

Sarahufl, I SAW THAT it sounds AWFUL. I've never worked with really young kids, so I'd never really known what it was before although I had heard of it. Maybe you can get out and ramble for a little while tomorrow. Ugh. Also - Aunt Flo and being sick is never fun, but with hurting hands it's got to be the absolute worse.
    There is nothing too deep about it. Their school symbol is a big "N" that happens to be red. Technically their colors are cardnial and cream, but everyone just uses red. Their home uniforms are red as well.

• @CaitTDid23‌, the weird thing is that I don't usually feel this crappy with antibiotics. I had another sinus infecting earlier in the summer... I might go see an ENT to follow up. Get well, @sarahufl‌ !
  • Get well all you sickys!

I spent all day in a professional development workshop. I'm not sure how useful it is to me, but it looks good on my resume and I got a lot of very positive feedback on my skills. 

Anniversary
  • So I had all these glorious plans for today. Chili, football, washing the dog (@steph11814, does your Bichon get stinky really really ridiculously fast? Because mine does and I think it's cus she actually sweats like a people), being a productive member of my household and society in general.

What did I end up doing? 

Ugh.

I'm already fat from the prednisone, so you can send those cupcakes to me :)
    Prednisone sucks - the least I can do is give you cupcakes!

• @CaitTDID23- Thanks. I'm pretty impressed that it's turning out so far. Only 1 mistake I've caught, and I'm super pissed with myself about it. And I can't crochet to save my life. My Mom did when I was little, and tried to teach me. Never did figure it out, but I was probably too young to learn.

What did I end up doing? 

Ugh.

Hum excuse me I'll help you with those! FI and I went to give notice yesterday for our January wedding and were missing a document. We live 2 mins away from the council and he ran to get it. When he came back, the lady said we missed our appointment (by 5 mins!) and we had to reschedule for Thursday afternoon. FI was pissed because now he has to take a half day at work Thursday to come do it. Otherwise we went out shopping for spices and had tea in a coffee shop. I love those double deckers here, so much fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope everyone gets better! I was out in the field for one of my geology classes. We were out there for 11 hours... I'm now sunburnt, bug bites ridden, and my whole body is sore. I'm going to be studying and laying around today.
  • Smichek - MUAHAHAHA my evil plan worked! I may warm some up later myself. FI brought up a bowl when we went to bed, and even though it kind of made me woobly looking at it, it still smelled delicious.

SarahBear, lucky, haha. I hate antibiotics. Do you have sinus infections super often regularly? My brother had them twice a year every year, and his ENT recommended having his adenoids taken out since they already had to go in to fix a deviated septum. He doesn't get them anymore; I think he might have had one since then, and his surgery was in 08.

LadyMillil, "professional development"... ew. At least it'll look good on a resume. Not the best way to spend a Saturday though.

I swear Doey's soft kitty gif made me feel better. That song is magic.

WinstonsGirl, I think it's pretty much one-or-the-other with that. Everyone I know that can crochet can't knit, and the ones that can knit can't crochet. I think it's fascinating, so I pay attention, haha.

Raissy, wOw. That would make me so mad. You were on time, YOU were there while FI ran back, and it only took five minutes? I'd be ill. But everything else sounds awesome, haha. Especially the coffee shop part. And the double decker part. 

Buttercup, sunburnt I could handle. Bug-bit I could not. Hopefully your Sunday is better than your Saturday was!

Thankfully I think I'm feeling better so the pup will get the bathtimes today at least. Still woobly though. 
  • Smichek - MUAHAHAHA my evil plan worked! I may warm some up later myself. FI brought up a bowl when we went to bed, and even though it kind of made me woobly looking at it, it still smelled delicious.

SarahBear, lucky, haha. I hate antibiotics. Do you have sinus infections super often regularly? My brother had them twice a year every year, and his ENT recommended having his adenoids taken out since they already had to go in to fix a deviated septum. He doesn't get them anymore; I think he might have had one since then, and his surgery was in 08.

LadyMillil, "professional development"... ew. At least it'll look good on a resume. Not the best way to spend a Saturday though.

I swear Doey's soft kitty gif made me feel better. That song is magic.

WinstonsGirl, I think it's pretty much one-or-the-other with that. Everyone I know that can crochet can't knit, and the ones that can knit can't crochet. I think it's fascinating, so I pay attention, haha.

Raissy, wOw. That would make me so mad. You were on time, YOU were there while FI ran back, and it only took five minutes? I'd be ill. But everything else sounds awesome, haha. Especially the coffee shop part. And the double decker part. 

Buttercup, sunburnt I could handle. Bug-bit I could not. Hopefully your Sunday is better than your Saturday was!

Thankfully I think I'm feeling better so the pup will get the bathtimes today at least. Still woobly though. 
    *Raises hand* I knit and crochet.  I learned how to knit first and taught myself to crochet from a book.  I prefer knitting but crochet is a lot easier for hats in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards