Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Need advice on scouting trip

I am kind of at a loss of where to start with planning the scouting trip. My FI and I are going to Vegas for just two full days over Thanksgiving break. I am going to email the coordinator that I signed a contract with for the Quad, but I've heard it's rebranding as the Linq so I'm not sure if that will change anything about the Venue. Other than asking to see the Silver Sky Chapel in person I have no clue what else to ask. Were any of you able to see flower samples or find out officiant information on your scouting trips?

Our insuite reception is in the Apex suite at Planet Hollywood but I just booked that online, not with an actual coordinator. Does anyone know the best person to contact or if they will even let me see the suite? Did anyone book a block of rooms during the scouting trip?

Any and all advice is extremely appreciated. Thanks:)

Re: Need advice on scouting trip

• Options
    You can do the room blocks by phone; just call group sales typically. Don't tell them you're having an insuite but tell them you're wanting your guests to stay there because you love the hotel blah blah and you want to set up a block. For the Apex, I just wanted to mention that I've heard their check-in times on that slip from time to time, so just keep that in mind if you're doing a one night booking and expected to have time to set up. Most hotels do not use on-staff officiants, so typically they will not be there for you to meet and more often than not, won't even be assigned to your wedding until a week or two in advance. Now, if you do some officiant research in advance, you may be able to request a specific one. Most places will let you bring in your own too since they do not have officiants on staff and it doesn't matter to them who you use. We found our officiant by cyber stalking videos of people's weddings at all the Cashman contract properties, determined who it was and then contacted him directly to book him for our wedding. More info on that at http://www.vegasgroom.com/(Tip)-How-to-find-an-officiant-you-like_144.html Floral typically is not handled by a retail store if it's handled on site, so there may not really be a show room or anything like that, just a catalog of pictures to give you ideas on what you could order from them. They can probably email that to you in advance to get you in touch with one of their florists if you had something specific in mind. When we were initially considering using the Mandalay chapel I got all kinds of info from their florist.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Sorry for the lack of paragraph formatting; friggin' website.

• Options
    Wow are the officiants a Cashman contract too?!
  • Options
    Wow are the officiants a Cashman contract too?!
    Fortunately, for whatever reason, the hotels mostly use independent contractor officiants and have guests pay them directly.  I'm not sure why that is; maybe just because weddings come in bursts on certain dates, weeks, months and they don't want to pay someone a salary when they'd be idle a lot.

• Options
    Thank you so much for the advice! I'll post some reviews when I get back:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards