Chit Chat

NWR: Need Some Positive Thoughts and Prayers

ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited October 2014 in Chit Chat
My dad's cousin is in her final days and its been rough.  And to weigh more on my mind, my father and mother suffer from the same ailment that its ultimately taking her life.  My mom's condition is fine, she's great, no major hiccups.  My dad on the other hand, well we almost lost him last summer from the 1st round of treatment they had him on.  He just finished his second treatment, less invasive than the first, but still rough.  We won't know if it worked for another month.

My dad's cousin on the other hand couldn't take the treatment because of her age and the ailment has finally caught up to her.

In the midst of realizing that she only has another 2 weeks at the most according to all her doctors and dealing with this information (my dad is also very close to her), I sit here and wonder, is this going to be me in a few years, especially if the treatment didn't work.  I almost lost him once to this, well a combination of the ailment and the treatment.  I can't bear the thought of watching him suffer the way my cousin has watched her mom suffer.  

The thoughts are taking over my mind, knowing that this amazing woman who stayed strong for the family when her husband had a massive heart attack at bingo when I was still a child, who stayed strong for her daughter and grand daughter when her son-in-law lost his life on 9-11, can no longer stay strong.  

I'm sorry the long post that probably doesn't make sense.
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: Need Some Positive Thoughts and Prayers

• So many hugs and prayers for you and your family. I'm so sorry youre hurting like this. Praying for peace and serenity for you all.

image   image   image

• So sorry to hear that.  Sending thoughts and prayers.

• I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I can't imagine the pain you must all be feeling. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

• I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm so sorry you've been going through this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I'm so sorry. *hugs* Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Sending good thoughts! What a horrible thing to be feeling. Hugs! 

I can relate to the, "will this be me?", feeling? It's awful. And (in case you are feeling this) don't feel guilty for having those feelings in this time. It is completely realistic to be worried about your own future when someone else is dealing with this. 

I hope your family is staying strong. 

• Ts and Ps to you and your family!

• Sending good thoughts! What a horrible thing to be feeling. Hugs! 

I can relate to the, "will this be me?", feeling? It's awful. And (in case you are feeling this) don't feel guilty for having those feelings in this time. It is completely realistic to be worried about your own future when someone else is dealing with this. 

I hope your family is staying strong. 
    Thanks everyone.

And this is exactly how I feel too, which is also how my dad feels.  He kept saying to my mom things along the lines of "I can't let my family see me like."  But I feel guilty having these thoughts.

So far no updates, so in this case, no news is good news.
    Anniversary

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I'm a bit confused.  Are we talking about cancer?
    There are so many different kinds of cancer.  Some are more treatable than others.  Medical science comes through with new treatments every year.
    I am currently living with stage 4 metastatic lobular breast cancer.  I plan to live as long as possible, and to go kicking and fighting.  I want to see my grandson grow up.
    Every case is different.  I have sat with dying friends and watched them breathe their last.  It's not all that bad.  That is going to be me someday (unless I get hit by a bus) and it's OK.  Modern hospice means death without pain.
    As for the "will this be me" fear, that is normal.  Just remember that this is not in your hands.  It is in God's hands.  You can't control whether or not you get cancer, only how you deal with it.  I'm not going to retire to my bed and feel sorry for myself.  I have too much living left to do.  My family is coming to visit next week!  Today my cancer eye is swollen like a golf ball.  So what?  I can't wait to see my grandson.
    I saw my own father die from pancreatic cancer at the age of 44.  God has given me 63 years so far, and I plan to enjoy as much time as I have left.
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  Tell your father to suck it up, because you want to spend as much time with him as you can, and you don't care what he looks like!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I'm sending you many hugs and positive thoughts.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• CMGragain said:
    I'm a bit confused.  Are we talking about cancer?
    There are so many different kinds of cancer.  Some are more treatable than others.  Medical science comes through with new treatments every year.
    I am currently living with stage 4 metastatic lobular breast cancer.  I plan to live as long as possible, and to go kicking and fighting.  I want to see my grandson grow up.
    Every case is different.  I have sat with dying friends and watched them breathe their last.  It's not all that bad.  That is going to be me someday (unless I get hit by a bus) and it's OK.  Modern hospice means death without pain.
    As for the "will this be me" fear, that is normal.  Just remember that this is not in your hands.  It is in God's hands.  You can't control whether or not you get cancer, only how you deal with it.  I'm not going to retire to my bed and feel sorry for myself.  I have too much living left to do.  My family is coming to visit next week!  Today my cancer eye is swollen like a golf ball.  So what?  I can't wait to see my grandson.
    I saw my own father die from pancreatic cancer at the age of 44.  God has given me 63 years so far, and I plan to enjoy as much time as I have left.
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  Tell your father to suck it up, because you want to spend as much time with him as you can, and you don't care what he looks like!
    Its not cancer.  Its Hepatitis C.
    Anniversary

• Sending healing thoughts to you and yours. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I know people with Hep C who have lived long, happy lives. I am confident that you will do the same. Please don't worry before your time about what will happen to you.

I definitely understand that this is a rough patch because so many people in your family are going through this all at once. You have all our thoughts and prayers. But please try not to worry, ok? <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Sad to say, my dad's cousin lost her battle late this morning.  My mom called when she knew I would be out of work.  

Anniversary

• I'm so sorry. HUGS.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Inkdancer said:
    I know people with Hep C who have lived long, happy lives. I am confident that you will do the same. Please don't worry before your time about what will happen to you.

I definitely understand that this is a rough patch because so many people in your family are going through this all at once. You have all our thoughts and prayers. But please try not to worry, ok? <3
    While this is true, and seems to be the case for my mom, the same can not be said for my dad.  If this second course of new treatment didn't work, then he knows his time is limited because his liver is too far gone and he is not a candidate for a transplant, yet.
    Anniversary

• I'm so sorry I'm late to this thread.  Praying for peace and healing for you and your family.
  • ohmrs2014 said:
    Inkdancer said:
    I know people with Hep C who have lived long, happy lives. I am confident that you will do the same. Please don't worry before your time about what will happen to you.

While this is true, and seems to be the case for my mom, the same can not be said for my dad.  If this second course of new treatment didn't work, then he knows his time is limited because his liver is too far gone and he is not a candidate for a transplant, yet.
    :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards