Chit Chat

@laqueredlover

Re: @laqueredlover

• jenna8984 said:
    Do you like mayonnaise?
    What an odd question but no, it freaks me out.  So does yogurt.  

I'm liking the slight absurdity here.  I'm into it.

Damn. Only a handful of us like it, the majority are repulsed by it. Also eggs, lots of egg haters on here.

My bro & his ex wife are very modern family like that- they have dinner parties with their new spouses and children (they share 1 child)! How old are the little ones?

His daughter is 5 and his son will be 7 on Saturday!  They were SO excited when we told them we were getting married and they can't wait for me to have the same last name as them.  It's really sweet.  And his daughter is obsessed with my ring haha, we take them for dinner every Weds night and last night she was literally petting it going "oooooh sparkly" haha.  

I'm fairly indifferent about eggs, don't race to have them but I like a good omelette at brunch once in awhile.
    Awww, cute! I have a 4-old daughter and an almost 7-year-old son eho are SUPER pumped about having FI's last name (he is adopting them).
    Aw so sweet!  That's awesome!  I think the kids are more excited for me to share their name because mine is hard for them to spell haha (which might be why I'm really excited too on some level) but yeah, it's really awesome.  We have a great relationship and they are my little munchkins!

• beethery said:
    How do you feel about cheese???????
    Never met a cheese I didn't like.  I'm actually a certified sommelier (after college was an odd time) and I used to work at a wine shop doing wine and cheese tastings.  
    Oh, YOU CAN STAY. Fellow NYCer, originally from Wisconsin, cheese lovah FO LIFE. Nice to meet you!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • mmmmmmm cheese. Some days I think i'll never have a bowel movement ever again bc I eat so much cheese. mmmmmmmm cheese
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• beethery said:
    Never met a cheese I didn't like.  I'm actually a certified sommelier (after college was an odd time) and I used to work at a wine shop doing wine and cheese tastings.  
    Oh, YOU CAN STAY. Fellow NYCer, originally from Wisconsin, cheese lovah FO LIFE. Nice to meet you!
    I went to college at UW Madison and my mom is from the midwest.  I was actually just visiting my BFF in Milwaukee 2 weeks ago!

• Cheeeese talk....as I now walk to the fridge at work to get my babybel gouda....

• I legit just ate a string cheese.  And there will be cheese at the party tonight.  Cheese is one of my top 3 favorite foods.

• KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    beethery said:
    I went to college at UW Madison and my mom is from the midwest.  I was actually just visiting my BFF in Milwaukee 2 weeks ago!
    Oh heyyyy, class of 2008 over here. I am originally from the MKE area.

ETA: there were pics, and they were BADGERRIFIC, but TK hates my ass.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I googled your venue and I am In. Love. Gorgeous!! And in the Fall? 
    *********************************************************************************

• I googled your venue and I am In. Love. Gorgeous!! And in the Fall? 
    Haha thanks!  It's not far from where I grew up (my FI is from NYC born and raised) and we wanted to be out of the city, somewhere beautiful with the trees changing!

• Speaking of your sparkler....I love ring pictures!

• I swear all I ate in Spain was cheese.

• I have no fun interesting questions but welcome!!!
  • Are you opposed to living with us on a sloth farm?

What skills can you bring to the table in the case of Zombie Apocalypse?

• Ooo ooo!  Love the ring setting and the history behind it.  Plus just read up on the part that gave you the 'epic introduction.'   You are my new hero! :)

(Imagine a welcoming huge gif of a teddy bear or something right here as I fail miserably at giffing. :(   )
  • Such a pretty ring and I love the history behind it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooooooh, pretty ring! I love emerald cuts! 
  • That ring is gorgeous!

• lc07 said:
    Are you opposed to living with us on a sloth farm?

Sounds wonderful.

I actually know how to use a crossbow.  

• lc07 said:
    Are you opposed to living with us on a sloth farm?

Sounds wonderful.

I actually know how to use a crossbow.  
    TEACH ME.
  • Ha ok this is my ring!  The center stone was my grandmothers, my mom added the halo and had it set differently.  After my FI proposed to me with it when we were in Nashville (my parents gave it to him to use when he told them he wanted to propose), we had it reset back here so I could choose the setting!  I love it!
    Hot damn.

I think she could distract a lot of zombies with the shine off that ring!
    That's actually my back up plan of action for the zombie apocolypse haha

• HOLY SHIT your ring is gorgeous!

I also just read up on your intro on the other post, that I completely missed earlier because I assumed that thread wouldn't be very exciting and went back to work. I like you!
    Anniversary

• Ha ok this is my ring!  The center stone was my grandmothers, my mom added the halo and had it set differently.  After my FI proposed to me with it when we were in Nashville (my parents gave it to him to use when he told them he wanted to propose), we had it reset back here so I could choose the setting!  I love it!
    Hot damn.

I think she could distract a lot of zombies with the shine off that ring!
    That's actually my back up plan of action for the zombie apocolypse haha
    I think this is super genius. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you could load and fire a crossbow single handedly. But in case you can't, dibs on holding your ring and shining it in Zombie's faces to slow them down.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi there! Fellow New Yorker here. Your ring is fabulous, I am in love with it.

How do you feel about cats?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• mmmmmmm cheese. Some days I think i'll never have a bowel movement ever again bc I eat so much cheese. mmmmmmmm cheese

SIT DAMN B

Welcome lacqueredlover! @photokitty you're not alone. I believe cheese will be the death of me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • late into the party, but welcome laquer! I greatly enjoyed your post calling jbeans out on her bs before the DD.

Few tips:

puppy gifs, kitty gifs, really, any adorable, cute, funny small animal gifs go over very very well on this board, regardless of the pop culture references or lack thereof.

(don't think you'd do this, you seem pretty awesome), never ever suggest you're registering with honeyfund or a related money registry/dollar dance, etc. If Evil Chipmunk doesn't get you, slothie will send a horde of sloths to snuggle you- this is a trap, the sloths will drown you in cuteness until the rest of us arrive.

Virtual wine, cookies, margaritas, cake, chocolate, and other booze is regularly "poured" here.

As you've seen from other posts, we're not above calling people out on their BS, or making snarky comments about ridiculous ideas/behaviors, normally referring to this as your "evil" side coming out

*Hoists a double margarita on the rocks* Welcome! Please Stay!
  • late into the party, but welcome laquer! I greatly enjoyed your post calling jbeans out on her bs before the DD.

Few tips:

puppy gifs, kitty gifs, really, any adorable, cute, funny small animal gifs go over very very well on this board, regardless of the pop culture references or lack thereof.

(don't think you'd do this, you seem pretty awesome), never ever suggest you're registering with honeyfund or a related money registry/dollar dance, etc. If Evil Chipmunk doesn't get you, slothie will send a horde of sloths to snuggle you- this is a trap, the sloths will drown you in cuteness until the rest of us arrive.

Virtual wine, cookies, margaritas, cake, chocolate, and other booze is regularly "poured" here.

As you've seen from other posts, we're not above calling people out on their BS, or making snarky comments about ridiculous ideas/behaviors, normally referring to this as your "evil" side coming out

*Hoists a double margarita on the rocks* Welcome! Please Stay!

Damn straight.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards