Moms and Maids
Options

Bachelorette ...

Help! My sister was to be wed June 2015 but this week her future father in law has been diagnosed with cancer and given a year, that being said the wedding has been bumped to November 2014. I want to do something special for her as she wont necessarily be having her dream wedding and life has just taken a very sharp turn for them. She deserves the best! Any ideas would be great!!

Re: Bachelorette ...

• Options
    baanders said:
    Help! My sister was to be wed June 2015 but this week her future father in law has been diagnosed with cancer and given a year, that being said the wedding has been bumped to November 2014. I want to do something special for her as she wont necessarily be having her dream wedding and life has just taken a very sharp turn for them. She deserves the best! Any ideas would be great!!
    I would ask her what she would like to do and who to invite.  Then before planning anything ask all those set to be invited what their budget is and this will help you to determine what kind of party to throw (a dinner and bar night or a weekend event).

But just think about what your sister likes to do on a regular basis.  Spa? Comedy club? Dinner? Dancing? Wine tasting? Paint Nite? Etc, etc.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "do something for her", but love that you are thinking this way. Are you planning a shower for her or are you thinking more in terms of a "girls' day out"? It's short notice, but if everybody knows the situation, you could pull off a shower and most people would probably love to be a part of it.Are they going to get a honeymoon? given the situation, her FI might not want to leave town.  Can you spring for a "stay-cation" weekend in a nearby resort?  Also, remember, every wedding is a "dream wedding" because the couple has found their soul mate and is getting the partner of their dreams. Your sister must be an amazing lady, so her FI is definitely getting his dream wedding.
  • Options
    @Lauderdale Pink - the title of her post is "Bachelorette" so she is interested in planning a bach party for her not a bridal shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards