Chit Chat

Your kid did WHAT?

2»

Re: Your kid did WHAT?

• I was eating olives with the pits in them I think I was 3 or 4 I decided to stick an olive pit up my nose I remember my mom frantically calling my grandma (her mom to try to get it out).

I was the oldest, we ( my sister & I) used to tell our brother (who was 10 years younger than me) we found him in a garbage can but he was so cute we all decided to keep him and he couldn't talk to anyone about it otherwise we might have to put him back.  He would get all upset. 

When we first moved into our new house in NJ I used to tell my sister if someone flushed the toilet in the downstairs bathroom while she was using the sink in our upstairs bathroom the stuff from the toilet would come out of the sink.  So regularly before bed when she was brushing her teeth I would run downstairs and flush the downstairs toilet.  Of course I would tell her if she said anything we would have to move far away and mom and dad would be upset.

I wasn't the best older sister.

I use to tell my brother that he was adopted all the time. I look like a good mix between my parents (dark hair, dark eyes) and he looked nothing like them (blond with lighter eyes).  Unbeknownst to us, my mom was adopted and he took after her bio family. We found out my mom was adopted when my grandfather died and she found the adoption papers in his things.
  • My dad's favorite story about me is that when I was six I put my three year old cousin in time out because he annoyed me. I got in trouble and tried to argue that it wasn't my fault that he listened to me. He didn't have to go to time out.

My mom also enjoys all stories about tiny me being a mountain goat. I completely freaked mom out one morning when at around 11 months (I was walking around 9) I somehow managed to climb up on the top of the toilet tank. She walked into the bathroom and I was just chilling up there with a satisfied grin on my face.

As for my nieces, my fave story about them is actually the night that DH and I got engaged. We came in to tell everybody that we were getting married and my oldest niece (she was six) got this look of disgust on her face and very disdainfully asked "Why"? A few minutes later, as we made our way upstairs to call other family, my youngest niece bursts into tears and started sobbing "Why can't I come?". It took awhile to get her settled down, but we finally discovered that she thought we were going upstairs to get married and that she wasn't going to see it. Upon being told that it was the next year and that she was a flower girl, she proceeded to hug DH's leg and refused to be detached.

• My family had lots of crazy kids.

¤ My cousin (who has now been diagnosed as bipolar among other mental conditions) once took our great grandma's shears and attacked my sister who was 19 months at the time. Cousin was 3 and a half. She had to be rushed to the hospital because he just about cut her fingers off. One was just hanging by a piece of skin.

¤ Same disturbed cousin also used to have issues with inserting items into his rectum like toys, sticks, etc... Idk if the child was sexually abused or if it was just a part of his mental problems.

¤ A little neighbor girl (4) and her brothers (ages 5, 6, and 9) once assaulted me as a child. We were playing in the treehouse. The boys wanted us girls to play puppies (aka we had to be tied up with a dog leash). I was 6 at the time. After the boys leashed us, they took off our pants and underwear and stuck things inside of us (sticks, grass, a water hose, fingers). We all lived in the country, and the oldest boy (9) was supposed to be watching us while his mom ran to pick up diapers for their newborn. The oldest boy threatened to hurt us again if we ever said anything and made us believe that we would get in trouble for it. I have always had a huge problem with being tied up or touched by anyone since then.

Kids do demented things alot of times.
  • My older sister put me in the dryer. And turned it on. 
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My older sister put me in the dryer. And turned it on. 
    Holy crap!!

• I have apparently always loved meat- steak, lamb, pork, ribs, all of it. My mom said when I was about 1, that age where you're standing but kinda still hold onto stuff for support, she found me holding onto the kitchen trash can gnawing on a pork chop bone that I took from the trash can. 

• @lovedryn Your stories make me want to just hold you. You deserve to have funny and cute childhood stories, not horrible trauma :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • lovedryn said:
    My family had lots of crazy kids. ¤ My cousin (who has now been diagnosed as bipolar among other mental conditions) once took our great grandma's shears and attacked my sister who was 19 months at the time. Cousin was 3 and a half. She had to be rushed to the hospital because he just about cut her fingers off. One was just hanging by a piece of skin. ¤ Same disturbed cousin also used to have issues with inserting items into his rectum like toys, sticks, etc... Idk if the child was sexually abused or if it was just a part of his mental problems. ¤ A little neighbor girl (4) and her brothers (ages 5, 6, and 9) once assaulted me as a child. We were playing in the treehouse. The boys wanted us girls to play puppies (aka we had to be tied up with a dog leash). I was 6 at the time. After the boys leashed us, they took off our pants and underwear and stuck things inside of us (sticks, grass, a water hose, fingers). We all lived in the country, and the oldest boy (9) was supposed to be watching us while his mom ran to pick up diapers for their newborn. The oldest boy threatened to hurt us again if we ever said anything and made us believe that we would get in trouble for it. I have always had a huge problem with being tied up or touched by anyone since then. Kids do demented things alot of times.
    UM.

@lovedryn Oh, sweetie. That's horrible. 
  • Inkdancer said:

@lovedryn Your stories make me want to just hold you. You deserve to have funny and cute childhood stories, not horrible trauma :(

I may have had a shitty childhood, but life since I met FI has been a complete turnaround. I look forward to making even better future memories together! :-)
  • Wow, what an awful story... I am so sorry!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • melbensomelbenso member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2014
    My brother is 19 months younger than me.  When I was about 4, we went shoe shopping with my mom.  She bought us both brand new shoes, and for some reason, she had my brother wear them home.  The station wagon she had didn't have air conditioning, so the back windows were rolled down some while we drove on the freeway. 

My brother and I were sitting in the back seat, when he very happily starts shouting "You-you outta winnow!" over and over again.  My mom to me: "Melbenso, what did he just say?"  Me: "Oh, he threw his shoe out the window."

Mom doubled back on the high way, but we could not find it.  Little brother got bow biters along with another pair of shoes later that day.

The kid liked to throw things our car windows.  I vividly remember him throwing my Han Solo action figure out the car window when we were on our way to my grandmother's house once.  I made my dad stop and get it.  (Not on the highway that time.)  I think at some point, he wasn't allowed to have the window next to him rolled down in the car anymore.  But this was before automatic windows and window locks, so that didn't last very long.

Edit - spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards