Louisiana-New Orleans

Need an opinion on venues asap please! :)

My finance and I want to get married in NOLA.  We are looking at Broussard's, where the ceremony and reception would be outdoors, or, the Hotel Mazarin - courtyard ceremony followed by reception in doors.  Our wedding will be 60-70 people, and in early June.  Will it be too hot to be outdoors for both?  Is anyone familiar with either of these venues and could provide candid feedback?  I have done a lot of research, and both look beautiful.  Unfortunately with work travel and busy schedules, I don't have time to head down to check them out.  Any insight is much appreciated!

Re: Need an opinion on venues asap please! :)

• You might get more responses from people in your area if you ask this question on your local board: http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards
  • ah, thank you!! 
  • Hi!
    One of my life-long friends got married June 2013 at Hotel Mazarin (courtyard ceremony and indoor reception). Everything was great, very beautiful, I heard no complaints from the family, wedding party or myself.  I was impressed at how cool the courtyard stays.  

I haven't been to Broussard's for a reception, so I'm no help there!

My personal opinion on summer receptions is to have them indoors, mostly because the men still have to wear suits and the dancing can get people sweaty.  Another thing to consider is that if your guests are coming in from more northern areas, they might not be used to the type of heat New Orleans offers and could be uncomfortable.

I hope this helps!

• Thank you so much!! Very helpful!! :)
  • edited October 2014
    We are having ours at Broussard's in May 2015 which we love and is very beautiful, pictures online don't do it justice! Caroline is great to work with also! Our guest count is around the same as your and we found that Hotel Mazarin had a lot higher minimum that we couldn't reach with the amount of guests we were having. We are just doing it in the courtyard, but June does start the rainy season, so it is risky
  • Thank you all!  :)  I appreciate the insight! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards