Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitation Wording for Ceremony Only

Hi Everyone! Im hoping to get some favorable inputs on how to word my invites. So my fiancé and I have decided to have a big reception which we will be inviting all of our guests to, so our main invites will be for the reception. However, I really would like to make smaller accessory cards which will serve as an invite for our ceremony. I've got the wording down for the main reception invites, but how should I word the ceremony invites so blend in with this???? Ive tried searching online for suggestions but I guess my search terms are a bit ambiguous, and all the results I'm getting are for situations where couples want to have a large ceremony but not invite everybody from the ceremony to the reception. HELP!

Re: Invitation Wording for Ceremony Only

• Make your main invitation to the reception.

It would read:

The pleasure of your company
    is requested at the wedding reception of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    etc.

and include an insert for the ceremony that's worded as follows (I think this is how it's worded but @CMGragain can confirm it):

The honor of your presence (for a religious ceremony)/The pleasure of your company (all others)
    is requested at the marriage ceremony
    Time
    Venue Name
    Venue Address
    City, State
  • Are you not inviting everyone to the ceremony? Why not? This sounds kind of backwards. Typically the big main card is the ceremony invitation and the insert is the reception information. Why are you opposed to this?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • No, we won't be inviting everyone to the ceremony. Our ceremony location will not accommodate the amount of people we will be inviting to the reception. It is not at all backwards to have a small ceremony and a large reception; backwards would be inviting the mass to the ceremony but not the reception.
  • Thank you Jen! Your suggestion will work perfectly
  • The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the wedding reception of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Day, date
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

The honour of your presence is requested     (Church ceremony)
    at the marriage ceremony
    time o'clock
    Church name
    Address
    City, State

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at the marriage ceremony
    time o'clock
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

Bear in mind that this is only acceptable if immediate family only will be at the ceremony.  You can't invite 80 people to the ceremony, and 200 to the reception.  That would be rude to the guests not invited to the ceremony.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That's what we're aiming for, family only ceremony.
  • You should actually do it the other way around! There should be a main invitation for the wedding ceremony and then an insert for the reception.

You could possibly order separate invitations for the reception for those not invited to the ceremony.

Remember, your wedding is actually the CEREMONY. Therefore, that should be the main invitation and not the insert.

• You should actually do it the other way around! There should be a main invitation for the wedding ceremony and then an insert for the reception.

You could possibly order separate invitations for the reception for those not invited to the ceremony.

Remember, your wedding is actually the CEREMONY. Therefore, that should be the main invitation and not the insert.

Incorrect.  When only a tiny number of people are invited to the ceremony, but a large number are invited to the reception, the reception, rather than the ceremony, is indeed the main event and gets the main invitation, while the ceremony gets a small insert.
  • Jen4948 said:

You should actually do it the other way around! There should be a main invitation for the wedding ceremony and then an insert for the reception.

Incorrect.  When only a tiny number of people are invited to the ceremony, but a large number are invited to the reception, the reception, rather than the ceremony, is indeed the main event and gets the main invitation, while the ceremony gets a small insert.

Thank you Jen4948 for that !!! That is exactly what I'm going to do; not sure why this arrangement was a tough one to swallow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards